Customized registration form transferable to CB

16 years 6 months ago #47471 by brewster
I have made a customized registration form in Joomla and am wondering if I install community Builder if I will still be able to use this form.

I need to use this existing form as it is customized because the website is for kids so it must follow COPPA rules: (see www.coppa.org/coppa.htm )

The registration form is here:

clubbsg.com/registration

The main thing to notice is that if you choose a birthdate say from 2002, it unhides a parents email field and then the parent is sent a welcome email. In addition the parent's email is inserted in the JOS_Users table. If a kid is 14 or above, they get the welcome email and it is a different email then if the parent gets it.

These files have been altered in a big way to make to make this customization work:

english.php
registration.html.php
registration.php
joomla.php

My question is then, if I put CB in, can I keep using this same registration form?

Post edited by: brewster, at: 2007/10/09 06:05

Post edited by: brewster, at: 2007/10/09 06:06

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #47495 by nant
from what i see, you could probably do all of this in CB without hacking/modifying any code.

16 years 6 months ago #47514 by brewster
nant wrote:

from what i see, you could probably do all of this in CB without hacking/modifying any code.

I am not sure I understand, where in the CB interface would I specify that if a user is 13 and under to have a parent email field appear and then to send a different email message based on age. In addition, the parent's email field appears twice so it can verified.

16 years 6 months ago #47526 by nant
brewster wrote:

nant wrote:

I am not sure I understand, where in the CB interface would I specify that if a user is 13 and under to have a parent email field appear and then to send a different email message based on age. In addition, the parent's email field appears twice so it can verified.

oops - guess i didn't notice the logic behind this.

Right not as simple as i thought.
You would need to make changes - as you did in your case. CB does not currently support 2 different workflows.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn