Time line for 1.2 stable release

15 years 9 months ago #67337 by okka
Time line for 1.2 stable release was created by okka
Not being a programmer by any stretch of the imagination and not having a full appreciation for how long these things take, I am just tossing up whether to install 1.2 RC2 onto a live site I am constructing.

I'm just not confident enough in my own abilities to sort out any bugs that may appear in the RC. Am I better of staying with 1.1 although I really would like to utilise some of the apparent features in 1.2 RC2.

I suppose at the end of the day I am asking what sort of time period is given to an RC to be confident most of the bugs are ironed out and therefore what is a realistic timeline to release of the stable version?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67340 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Time line for 1.2 stable release
okka wrote:

Not being a programmer by any stretch of the imagination and not having a full appreciation for how long these things take, I am just tossing up whether to install 1.2 RC2 onto a live site I am constructing.

I'm just not confident enough in my own abilities to sort out any bugs that may appear in the RC. Am I better of staying with 1.1 although I really would like to utilise some of the apparent features in 1.2 RC2.

I suppose at the end of the day I am asking what sort of time period is given to an RC to be confident most of the bugs are ironed out and therefore what is a realistic timeline to release of the stable version?

As mentioned in last front page articles and RC announcements, CB 1.2 RC2 is operating on this site without any problems.

Of course this is by no means a guarantee, but it does show the confidence we have in it.

Your call.
B)

15 years 9 months ago #67341 by okka
Replied by okka on topic Re:Time line for 1.2 stable release
Thanks for the prompt reply Nick. It does give me confidence that it is running on this site. The reason for my trepidation is that there did seem to be a few posts with various bugs listed in the 'Identified Issues' forum. Maybe I am was being alarmist and these are very few and minor issues. I am assuming that when a stable release does come out that the upgrade process from RC2 will be fairly simple.

15 years 9 months ago #67345 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Time line for 1.2 stable release
okka wrote:

I am assuming that when a stable release does come out that the upgrade process from RC2 will be fairly simple.

Yup - it should be simple.
You would follow the expert mode upgrade (over-writing files) and then run the CB Tools DB Checker and resave your configuration screen.

15 years 9 months ago #67533 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Time line for 1.2 stable release
I'm spending quite a lot of hours in this forum scaning for possible issues in the posts in this forum and on the CB testteam area, but couldn't yet confirm any of the issues to be due to CB 1.2 RC 2 (with the package updated July 2nd).

Still waiting on a few users feedbacks and site accesses, and still a few hundred posts to scan through, but things look pretty good so far with CB 1.2 RC 2 :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn