Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the...

15 years 9 months ago #68004 by rofar
Could someone explain why such errors occur:

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package

???

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68016 by nant
rofar wrote:

???

What package are you trying to install?

The original distribution package for CB 1.2 RC2 (if that it what you have - don't know if true with the little details you have posted) must be unzipped first to reveal component package and other module packages and the readme.txt file which you must read and follow instructions.

15 years 9 months ago #68224 by rofar
nant wrote:

rofar wrote:

???

What package are you trying to install?

The original distribution package for CB 1.2 RC2 (if that it what you have - don't know if true with the little details you have posted) must be unzipped first to reveal component package and other module packages and the readme.txt file which you must read and follow instructions.

Yes, I am using the original CB 1.2 RC2, as well as the original Joomla 1.5.3.

I was trying to install the captcha extension. I have seen this error before, with some plugins too. The xml file is there, but I get an error message saying that it could not find the xml setup file.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #68226 by nant
If you try to install a CB plugin from the Joomla install area, you and others will get such a message.

CB Plugins must be installed from the CB Plugin management area.

15 years 9 months ago #68227 by rofar
Aha! This makes sense! You are right, I was trying to install it from the regular install area, not the CB install area! :-) Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn