CB profile fields and Joomla mass mail

15 years 9 months ago #68445 by rapereira
CB profile fields and Joomla mass mail was created by rapereira
Is there a way, using CB, Joomla and JUGA to be able to select who to mass mail based on fields in the CB profile? I saw a reference to CBmailer in a post, but can not find it anywhere. Is there a plug-in, or something to allow this?

Basically, my client wants to be able to create an email, then click on the recipients based on yes/no responses on fields in their profile (or I can have groups set up based on these same fields).

Any help is appreciated as always.

Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68465 by nant
rapereira wrote:

Is there a way, using CB, Joomla and JUGA to be able to select who to mass mail based on fields in the CB profile? I saw a reference to CBmailer in a post, but can not find it anywhere. Is there a plug-in, or something to allow this?

Basically, my client wants to be able to create an email, then click on the recipients based on yes/no responses on fields in their profile (or I can have groups set up based on these same fields).

Any help is appreciated as always.

Richard

Have you looked at YANC and its CB integration?

15 years 9 months ago #68470 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:CB profile fields and Joomla mass mail
nant wrote:

Have you looked at YANC and its CB integration?

Doesn't look like there is anything native for Joomla 1.5.3 / 1.5.4 and CB 1.2 RC2.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #68476 by nant
You need to think about the real implications of native vs legacy.

There is no significant performance implication and you get a ton of additional extensions to use.

Also, there is a much better chance that an existing extension that works with legacy enable will be rewritten to work with legacy off, than a new native only extensions shows up.

15 years 9 months ago #68502 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:CB profile fields and Joomla mass mail
nant wrote:

You need to think about the real implications of native vs legacy.

There is no significant performance implication and you get a ton of additional extensions to use.

Also, there is a much better chance that an existing extension that works with legacy enable will be rewritten to work with legacy off, than a new native only extensions shows up.

Thanks, nant.

...Is it possible for someone experienced to compile a list here on JoomlaPolis, maybe in table form, of all of the ideal extensions that work with Joomla 1.5.4 and CB 1.2 RC2, both in native Joomla 1.5 and legacy Joomla 1.5?

I am not saying to list every possible extension under the sun. There are ideal ones for community based sites. And more experienced users are more aware of what is available and what has been tested to work with Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn