Export/Import of Users from Site 1 to Site 2

15 years 9 months ago #68909 by chriscapetown
Export/Import of Users from Site 1 to Site 2 was created by chriscapetown
Hi,

I didnt recieve any help with my last post, concerning import/export of users.

I now have TWO Joomla sites, both running 1.5.3. Site ONE uses CB1.1, and Site TWO uses CB1.2Rc2.

I would like to move the users from site ONE over to site TWO.

I saw that CBJUICE has a new release, is it the release that is on joomlacode.org?

When I try use the release from joomlacode.org on SITE ONE, I get this error:

[code:1]
SQL error in comprofilerDB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'usertype FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler c on (u.id=c.user_id)' at line 1 SQL=SELECT ,usertype FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler c on (u.id=c.user_id)
SQL =

SELECT ,usertype FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler c on (u.id=c.user_id)
[/code:1]

Help will be much appreciated - as this is my second attempt at asking.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68938 by Rapunzl
This says it more eloquently than I could... it enables you to back up the first database and then you'll restore (import) the structureless one to the new server. You will get errors on the import, which you need to note, correct and then import again over and over until the database has completely imported.

Here's the URL that describes how to backup: Techtites

If someone else has an easier way, let us know! :whistle:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 9 months ago #69060 by chriscapetown
Replied by chriscapetown on topic Re:Export/Import of Users from Site 1 to Site 2
For a doc subscriber forum, for some reason I'm just not receiving any support around here... And don't get me wrong with that statement.

Let me try ask a different question maybe.

Which tables would I need to move from SITE 1 to SITE 2 and would they move across without problems in other areas?

15 years 9 months ago #69069 by nant
chriscapetown wrote:

For a doc subscriber forum, for some reason I'm just not receiving any support around here... And don't get me wrong with that statement.

Let me try ask a different question maybe.

Which tables would I need to move from SITE 1 to SITE 2 and would they move across without problems in other areas?

There are a number of nice components that actually pack and unpack a joomla website for you.

Don't recall the exact names but they are on the joomla extensions site.

there is no support contract.

support is a community effort - you help someone and someone helps you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn