Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 1.2 RC 2 plug-ins for Joomla 1.5

• itsog
  • itsog
15 years 9 months ago #69154 by itsog
As agreed, i am posting my questions here so anyone can benefit form the answers.

CB 1.2 rc 2 is great but most of the popular plug ins are compatible with the previous version.

Examples:

The mamblog can be installed but the CB tab plug in is not working fine
the PMS has option for only e-mail to be sent, no option for private message
the joomgallery and the ponygallery are ok,
but the cb tab is displaying error messages

this CB 1.2 rc 2 is great but i would like to ask, is there a timeframe for the development of the CB gallery module and plug- in and also can you share some plug ins for gallery and blog(last 3 days i installed more than 10 different extensions and all of them could not connect as CB tabs as they were compatible with the older version only.)

regards,
itso

Post edited by: itsog, at: 2008/07/24 06:19

Post edited by: itsog, at: 2008/07/24 06:54

Post edited by: itsog, at: 2008/07/24 06:55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
15 years 9 months ago #69156 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB 1.2 RC 2 plug-ins for Joomla 1.5
itsog wrote:

As agreed, i am posting my questions here so anyone can benefit form the answers.

Great. I will give answers and hopefully others will also chime in.

CB 1.2 rc 2 is great but most of the popular plug ins are compatible with the previous version.

All CB 1.1 compatible CB plugin will also work with CB 1.2 RC2. If your are running on Joomla 1.5.X, you will most likely need the Joomla legacy plugin enabled.
As mention in other posts (at least twice by me), CB plugins can be rewritten to take full advantage of extended CB API in CB 1.2 and thus also be Joomla 1.5 compatible.

Examples:

The mamblog can be installed but the CB tab plug in is not working fine

Working fine on this site - but this is on Joomla 1.0.15. Howeveyour mamblog component is not Joomla 1.5 ready, so you will most likely need legacy enabled.
The CB mamblog plugin included in the core distribution, takes advantage of the extended CB 1.2 API and is Joomla 1.5.X compatible (without need of legacy).

the PMS has option for only e-mail to be sent, no option for private message

Don't really understand what you are asking. CB does not have a PMS preinstalled. This has been explained both in the 2 documents you are able to download (detailed document and PMS bonus doc) and also in the FAQ section of this site (see my sig for link).
We use uddeIM in this site. The author (slabbi) is a member of this site and also supports a forum area here for this nice extension. It is not currently Joomla 1.5 ready but it is very good with the legacy enabled.

the joomgallery and the ponygallery are ok,
but the cb tab is displaying error messages

Sorry, I don't know what the joomgallery is and of course I cannot guess what error messages you are seeing.

this CB 1.2 rc 2 is great but i would like to ask, is there a timeframe for the development of the CB gallery module and plug- in and also can you share some plug in for gallery and blog(last 3 days i installed more than 10 different extensions and all of them could not connect as CB tabs as they were compatible with the older version only.)

regards,
itso

As mentioned in other posts, all extra CB Team released plugins will be rewritten specially for CB 1.2 and thus be Joomla 1.5 compatible. This will happend after CB 1.2 goes stable - no timeframe will be given. The CB Team has already released a new captcha plugin for doc subscribers but rest of free cb plugins (profilebook, profilegallery, autowelcome and lastvisitors) will have to wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon