User lists, how hard to do this?

15 years 8 months ago #71740 by deros
User lists, how hard to do this? was created by deros
I have a profile setup for a client with 100 fields, they all need to be searchable and visible on the profile but not visible on the list, currently if its visible on the profile its also visible on the user list.

which really isnt a problem except when there are over 50 searchable fields on one of those lists it breaks IE so that it wont search at all.

when I turn visibility of the field off on the profile to get it off the list it ruins the need I had in the 1st place of having a profile on someone with search able fields

I've tried using the CB search bot but it just isnt good enough atm I really need a customizable list that will search all the fields i set as searchable without ruining the display of them on the profile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #78905 by Henk69
Replied by Henk69 on topic Re:User lists, how hard to do this?
Im looking for the same thing! I would like a searchable field only to show up in a user list if I want it to. I want to define different user lists with limited search criteria, so not all defined searchable fields should show up. I dont think its possible right now, but who am I? Perhaps it can be a feature?

15 years 5 months ago #78907 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:User lists, how hard to do this?
@both:

The CB documentation describes these things.

@deros:

You can mark a field visible on the profile and searchable (see CB field parameters).

Plus when you create a userlist you can mark it as All Searchable fields (see lower part of userlist definition).

If this is not clear in the documentation, please propose something better so we can improve.

15 years 5 months ago #78965 by Henk69
Replied by Henk69 on topic Re:User lists, how hard to do this?
I mean the following situation:
searchable fields A, B, C, D, E

search list 1: only search on fields A and C, other fields invisible as search item
search list 2: only search on fields A and B, other fields invisible as search item
search list 3: only search on fields D and E, other fields invisible as search item

all search lists display the same fields in the search results, so actually i want for a searchable field the option to make it a search field in a search list or not.
It looks as if a field is defined as searchable, it will always show up in every search list as a search field in wich you have to enter a value.

But I will take a look at the CB doumentation to see if and how this is done...... found it!
By playing with the Multi-Criteria Searches setting it can be done, except if i dont want to search on a filed but i do want to show it in the search results...

Post edited by: Henk69, at: 2008/11/04 21:52

Post edited by: Henk69, at: 2008/11/04 22:38

15 years 5 months ago #79483 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:User lists, how hard to do this?
Right, you can set to make searchable only fields which are displayed in the list. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn