Is this problem fixed in 1.2 RC2?

15 years 7 months ago #75024 by Mikeyman
Is this problem fixed in 1.2 RC2? was created by Mikeyman
Hi all,

I currently use CB 1.1 on my Joomla 1.5 Boy Scout Website. www.troop8113.org CB is being used under a private area for just Troop Members (Scouts, Parents, Leaders, etc.)

The only problem I'm having are with using Profile Tabs in IE7. It links the profile tabs to www.mysite.com/# and reloads the homepage. In firefox it works fine, but mostly everyone on our site uses IE7. I read that this was in error with joomla 1.0 legacy mode but could not find any fixes anywhere =(.

I was wondering if CB 1.2 RC 2 will be released free to the public and if so, when?

I was also wondering if anybody knows if this tab issue has been resolved in 1.2 because I would like to use more features of CB

Post edited by: Mikeyman, at: 2008/09/20 19:50

Post edited by: Mikeyman, at: 2008/09/20 19:52

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #75026 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Is this problem fixed in 1.2 RC2?
Mikeyman wrote:

Hi all,

I currently use CB 1.1 on my Joomla 1.5 Boy Scout Website. www.troop8113.org CB is being used under a private area for just Troop Members (Scouts, Parents, Leaders, etc.)

The only problem I'm having are with using Profile Tabs in IE7. It links the profile tabs to www.mysite.com/# and reloads the homepage. In firefox it works fine, but mostly everyone on our site uses IE7. I read that this was in error with joomla 1.0 legacy mode but could not find any fixes anywhere =(.

I was wondering if CB 1.2 RC 2 will be released free to the public and if so, when?

I was also wondering if anybody knows if this tab issue has been resolved in 1.2 because I would like to use more features of CB

Post edited by: Mikeyman, at: 2008/09/20 19:50

Post edited by: Mikeyman, at: 2008/09/20 19:52

Sounds like a template problem and if so CB 1.2 will not fix your template.

Try the default Joomla template and see if things are better.

If not it would really help to give more details about your environment.

15 years 7 months ago #75032 by Mikeyman
Replied by Mikeyman on topic Re:Is this problem fixed in 1.2 RC2?
I tried the default joomla template. Same issue. I also have the same exact problem with community builder on this website with IE7.

Whenever I click a tab blog, forum, articles, etc it will refresh the page and take me to www.joomlapolis.com/#

In an old topic on here, someone said it involved a "whitespace" javascript bug or something along those lines and the response said it had to do with Joomla 1.5 capability issues.

Hope this helps.

15 years 7 months ago #75035 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Is this problem fixed in 1.2 RC2?
Thanks for reporting back this problem.

I just tried with IE7 on this site and didn't see that problem.

However I looked at the tabpanes code and found a possible problem...

Please try following fix and feed-back if it works for you:

open file:

components/com_comprofiler/js/tabpane.js

change line 234 from:
[code:1] this.tab.onclick = function () { oThis.select(); };
[/code:1]

to:

[code:1] this.tab.onclick = function () { oThis.select(); return false; };
[/code:1]

then save this file, AND copy it (overwriting existing file) tabpane.pack.js

which is in same folder.

Then using the same browser which had the issue, go to user profile which had this problem, and this is important, reload the page (to clear the browser cache). Then try to see if it now works.

Waiting for your reply before moving thread to known issues and commiting the fix to CB 1.2.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #75039 by Mikeyman
Replied by Mikeyman on topic Re:Is this problem fixed in 1.2 RC2?
The tabs now work!! This isnt a major bug, but it does take me all the way back to the top of the page when switching tabs.

Also, I forgot to mention before, but I experience this tab issue while I edit my profile as well. The tabs in the edit menu did not fix. It still reloads www.mysite.com/#

15 years 7 months ago #75047 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Is this problem fixed in 1.2 RC2?
Thanks for the feedback. Commiting the fix.

Please try reloading the edit page as well (was it front-end or backend user edit ?).

Or clear all the cache of your browser, and try again please.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn