PMS setup issues

15 years 6 months ago #78641 by johnnybiggles
PMS setup issues was created by johnnybiggles
Sorry if this has been posted before and I DID search but still can't seem to clearly understand how to set up the PMS. Here is what I have so far:

1. I have CB 1.2 RC2
2. I have "Private Message System" enabled (published)in the plugin management, PMS Component type selected is uddeIM 1.0, and I left the defaults for the rest.
3. Under Configuration >> Connections, the Notification Method selected is 'PMS'
4. In Tab Management, 'Quick Message' (title) is using the plugin 'Private Messgae System' for 'All Registered Users', and positioned in the Main Area (tabmain).
5. On the actual profile page of the user logged in, I have at the top my 'Edit' and 'Connections' menus. Below is the profile image, and to its right are: 'Hits', 'Online Status', 'Member Since', 'Last Online', 'Last Updated', and 'Connections'. Below that are the 'Contact Info' and 'Connections' tabs.

That's it. Even when I'm on another users page, there is no indication at all of any PMS communication method, no text box or anything PMS related, only 'Send Email', which actually does send email-- this part needs to be removed, but that is a seperate issue which I have not gotten to yet but confuses me anyway since I selected 'PMS' in the Connections configuration.

Any help or direction would be appreciated on this. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #78870 by swimmer74
Replied by swimmer74 on topic Re:PMS setup issues
I also want to send internal "quick messages", i don't like to send mail and the users in a community need to exchange messages not e-mail.
how can send the users send messages?, how can I add this tool?

15 years 6 months ago #78881 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:PMS setup issues
swimmer74 wrote:

I also want to send internal "quick messages", i don't like to send mail and the users in a community need to exchange messages not e-mail.
how can send the users send messages?, how can I add this tool?

download area of doc subscribers have an extra pms setup doc that describes this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn