Executive summary: New Joomla release strategy impact analysis

9 years 11 months ago #244488 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: imaaxx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #244533 by imaaxx
Hello Nat,

Thanks for this informative article and i am glad to see the new direction of the Joomla version update and life span. This has always been a amjor complaint of ours and this is one designer happy to see the new direction the team is taking. This is especially good news for web designers in my opinion, since there is nothing worse then charging your client for a new website then to have to re-charge him one year later because the core code is now no longer supported. Nothing pisses off a paying client more then to find out his new site is already out of date and he has to spend more money. Especially in these challenging times, its good to know that when we build a site for a client it will be up-datable for a long time. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Cheers
Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #244556 by sentix
Now I understand the new Joomla version numbering and support policy. I didn't from the official information :-)

Thanks, CB Team

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

9 years 11 months ago #244649 by LearnThingsAfrica
Hi Guys what does this mean for Joomla 3.5 under the previous release system the new Joomla 3.5 long term release was supposed to support 1 button upgrade from 2.5.X will this mean that as 3.5 will be a minor release this upgrade will not be supported?

9 years 11 months ago #244653 by nant

LearnThingsAfrica wrote: Hi Guys what does this mean for Joomla 3.5 under the previous release system the new Joomla 3.5 long term release was supposed to support 1 button upgrade from 2.5.X will this mean that as 3.5 will be a minor release this upgrade will not be supported?

This might help:

developer.joomla.org/news/587-faq-s-for-joomla-s-improved-release-cycle.html

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn