Error

Please login first

Community Builder 1.0.2 Released

17 years 3 months ago #29756 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Really is impossible follow this thread,

Why not post a last reply with all the informations/links needed and close the topic ?
The topic has been locked.
17 years 3 months ago #29972 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
...and in special:

Can we upgrade Joomla 1.0.12 with CB 1.0.2 considering this last one as Stable ?
17 years 3 months ago #29993 by flsail
Replied by flsail on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
phlux0r wrote:

I installed the latest release mentioned in this thread on a fresh J! 1.0.11 install on my local dev server running PHP5.2.0. I had problems with getting a Javascript alert "Session expired" pop up when trying to register a new CB user.

I traced the problem to the spoof checking method in comprofiler.class.php: cbSpoofCheck(). In fact the problem isn't really in the spoof check per se but the suhosin hardening settings for PHP5. The trouble comes from the length of the spoof checking variable name that is put into the registration form. It's over 64 characters long and the default request varname length in the hardened PHP is 64! This means it never ends up in the $_POST structure, hence never validating the spoof method...

I guess it's not a problem right now since most people run this under PHP4 but once PHP5 becomes ubiquitous, this may be a problem if the default server values are unchanged.

I had to edit my php.ini and the suhosin.ini files to increase the request.max_varname_length. There are values for:
request.max_varname_length, get.max_varname_length and post.max_varname_length

Just thought I'd mention this for the devs to think about :) and if anyone else encounters this problem.

Thanks, I am running
Joomla 1.0.12
PHP 5.0.5
CB 1.02

and I am having the registration error that seems to be associated with this. What should I set those variables to? If 64 is too small, should I try 128, 256??? It is not completely clear to me that this is the exact solution.

Thanks
Jon
17 years 3 months ago #30221 by logicade
marauder1000 wrote:

The thing that solved the problem was quite simple, but strange: I simply (and very crude) copied over all the files from the expert-folder, overwriting the original files. And voilá..! It works now!

Ha! did that n still gettin that Javascript alert "Session expired" pop up when trying to register a new CB user. Also i couldn't find the line to change in my php.ini to change the length thingy from 64

I am runnin JSAS on my windows machine to tryout CB on joomla,
17 years 3 months ago #30224 by logicade
Success!

I got rid of the Javascript alert "Session expired" pop up by removing the anti spam check in comprofiler.class.php. I commented out the indsides of function cbRegAntiSpamCheck() Its only a temporary solution, and i reckon i have no spam protection, but it works! will investigate side effects later, its getting late :P

thnx
17 years 3 months ago #30675 by mariusvr
Replied by mariusvr on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
OK, I gave up on the CB 1.0.2 version after having the same problem with "session expired" I tried commenting out the spam protection without success.

I downgraded to the old version and things work again.

SERIOUS BUGGGGGG in the current release. Why expect people to mess around with the source code? Should be developer release only and not for general public.

Looking forward to having this bug fixed. Marius

Post edited by: mariusvr, at: 2007/02/07 12:30
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn