Joomla! 1.0.5 and CB 1.0 RC2 Issues

18 years 3 months ago #2896 by nant
This thread discusses the Content article: Joomla! 1.0.5 and CB 1.0 RC2 Issues

This is a partial repost from a forum reply posted by Beat.
The original JP forum thread is this one .

Ok. Had a chat earlier with Joomla! core team dev leader.

This problem is due to an API incompatibility introduced by Joomla! 1.0.5, which will be fixed in Joomla! 1.0.6, due out quickly (intended in the next 2 weeks).

If you need to run CB RC2 on Joomla! 1.0.5, you can do following instead of replacing the database.php file:

in components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php, search for 2 occurences of
Code:

$rowExtras = new stdClass();

and replace them with:
Code:

$rowExtras = new mosDBTable('#__comprofiler', 'id', $database);

also do same in administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php (1 occurence)

This should normally solve your problem. Please test and confirm by replying here (I didn't check it on 1.0.5 yet, only on an older version).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2930 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:Joomla! 1.0.5 and CB 1.0 RC2 Issues
still get an error after patching

[code:1]Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/website/public_html/community/includes/database.php on line 560

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/website/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 3275[/code:1]

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

18 years 3 months ago #2933 by joomlales
Replied by joomlales on topic Re:Joomla! 1.0.5 and CB 1.0 RC2 Issues
nant wrote:

This thread discusses the Content article: Joomla! 1.0.5 and CB 1.0 RC2 Issues

This is a partial repost from a forum reply posted by Beat.
The original JP forum thread is this one .

Ok. Had a chat earlier with Joomla! core team dev leader.

This problem is due to an API incompatibility introduced by Joomla! 1.0.5, which will be fixed in Joomla! 1.0.6, due out quickly (intended in the next 2 weeks).

If you need to run CB RC2 on Joomla! 1.0.5, you can do following instead of replacing the database.php file:

in components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php, search for 2 occurences of
Code:

$rowExtras = new stdClass();

and replace them with:
Code:

$rowExtras = new mosDBTable('#__comprofiler', 'id', $database);

also do same in administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php (1 occurence)

This should normally solve your problem. Please test and confirm by replying here (I didn't check it on 1.0.5 yet, only on an older version).

Hi Nick ---- Bearing in mind subsequent posts (that there were other problems created), would it not be advisable to revert back to Joomla! V1.04 -- and then upgrade to V1.06 when it comes out?

Les

PS I should have checked the Forums more closely prior to upgrading to V1.05!:whistle:

18 years 3 months ago #2936 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joomla! 1.0.5 and CB 1.0 RC2 Issues
I see no need to force 1.0.5 upon me.
I would wait for 1.0.6 and then I would let others go through the initial pain. I usually wait one to two weeks and check the forums before installing anything on a live site.

18 years 3 months ago #3003 by edenapple
Replied by edenapple on topic Re:Joomla! 1.0.5 and CB 1.0 RC2 Issues
EDIT: ok user registration error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getpublicproperties() in /home/******/public_html/includes/database.php on line 550

Is it ok just to make those modifications you have posted in the OP, since the 1.05 has already been made now and database.php has already been overwritten?

Also, are there any other known bugs?

T.

Edit: Made those changes in OP and am getting:

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/*****/public_html/includes/database.php on line 560
store error:DB function failed with error number 1062<br /><font color="red">Duplicate entry '0' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO mos_comprofiler ( ) VALUES ( )</font><br />SQL = <pre>INSERT INTO mos_comprofiler ( ) VALUES ( )</pre>

EDIT: Fixed using:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,2787/catid,10/

Post edited by: edenapple, at: 2005/12/30 19:26

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn