Error

Please login first

Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW

16 years 9 months ago #41593 by mblue
Replied by mblue on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
Will the CB 1.1 work together with Joomla 1.0.12?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #41618 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
mblue wrote:

Will the CB 1.1 work together with Joomla 1.0.12?

Yes, of course. CB is compatible all the way back to Joomla 1.0.0 and to Mambo 4.5.2.0 (most probably 4.5.1 and even 4.5.0 but those two over 3 years old releases have not been tested by lack of corresponding users). :)

I quickly updated the front-page temporary warning accordingly :)

So when CB 1.1 is released, CB should be upgraded before Joomla if you are doing it in 2 steps. Instructions will be adapted correspondingly in README file of the release.

---

Just a very quick summary about this problem so people understand better why CB is in such a stupid situation, that we tried to avoid by all communication means, on joomla 1.0.13 and 1.5 RC1:

In short, yes, we were aware (for cause ;) ) of this incompatibility well ahead in time. We were only surprised by the sudden release date, and not ready to release CB 1.1, which included already that fix. In addition CB 1.1 was matching the same target release date of Joomla 1.0.13 that we understood last Thursday from a joomla core team member.

As CB 1.1 was already well into testing, and on schedule, we evaluated quickly other ways, like a tested CB 1.0.3, which would not have been much faster to release than CB 1.1.

Many thanks to pasamio B) for his quick patch for cb 1.0.2, which allowed quite some installations to recover without reverting joomla. CB is a community project and community members helping other community members and submitting patches is very welcome. Thanks pasamio. Many thanks also to all Joomla community members which also supported this compatibility issue with CB 1.0.2 and other extensions on Joomla forums :)

CB tests for CB 1.1 are going quite well and full speed (very few bugs left), and we're now going to do the final tests and fixes, targetting a release in time of our original schedule :)

Many thanks to CB testteam active members, and also for all the new active testers who joined us in these last two weeks.

We hope to be able to confirm this date today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Now back to CB 1.1 wohooooo :woohoo:

EDITED: cut 1 long sentence in 2, and removed one repettion.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/07/25 16:06

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 9 months ago #41628 by philena30
Replied by philena30 on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
This is terrible. Good thing I'm a good surfer. I unzipped, but was still researching. You know what's funny. I wanted to remove my Artio SEF so I can let my users have their own URLS and I was look at this core patch

( JoomlAtWork )
Price: € 8.33

The sef patch extended version is a full Joomla component that extends the standard free SEF Patch.

Component is available for Joomla version 1.013, 1.012, 1.011, 1.010,1.09 and 1.08.

And I'm like... wait a minute... 1.013????? There was an upgrade? :huh:

LOL... since I bookmark str8 to the extensions, I didn't even know..

16 years 9 months ago #41655 by Word Warrior
Replied by Word Warrior on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
1808481 wrote:

this is really silly for joomla...
2500 members cant login now. and the only reason is i've trusted joomla.

i don't have backups right now???

:(

I did back up my database using mysqldumper. However, I didn't back up Joomla 1.0.12. Sadly, I too trusted Joomla and went ahead with the upgrade to v..13 Doh! My own rule broken.

That said, using the Joomla login is a temporary fix that works for now, Phew.

Individuals can't 'sign up' for my site so that is okay (it's family only) but I suspect that this 'fix' won't be of use to other sites.

Hope someone can come up with an update th CB soon. So that none techies like me have an easy return to normality.:blush:

16 years 9 months ago #41662 by fvmp
Replied by fvmp on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
I just unpatched joomla and smf files at Joomla SMF-Forum component and now i can login.

16 years 9 months ago #41679 by shala82
Replied by shala82 on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.13: DO NOT UPGRADE FOR NOW
Did I miss something because it didn't quite work for me. I downloaded the file that has all the numbers behind it and changed .txt to php. and also totally renamed it to just comprofiler.php and neither fixed the issue. Can someone please help before I replace all of my files with the backup I have?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn