Joining testing group

16 years 1 week ago #61583 by iamalive
Joining testing group was created by iamalive
Hi
How can I join the testing group? I'd also be prepared to get involved in translating (german).

Regards

David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 week ago #61595 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joining testing group
iamalive wrote:

Hi
How can I join the testing group? I'd also be prepared to get involved in translating (german).

Regards

David

In order to join the test team please consider first the following:
  • Are you an experienced Joomla/Mambo/CB user?
    If you are not, then you would only be creating overhead for the CB team and the rest of the testers and in the long run you would only be delaying the release for the rest of the community and yourself. Sometimes, just by looking at the forum participation on Joomlapolis is enough to figure out if someone has time and knowledge - usually if no forum posts exist at all, then this alone says something regarding knowledge and time available to help.
  • Don't just ask to join to get your hands on the latest build. Unfortunately many do this.
  • Do you really have time to test?
  • If you join, you must be active. Active doesn't mean that you have to find bugs - it means that you have to post the tests you perform.
  • In most cases the beta builds are not suited for live sites and you should not do this unless otherwise instructed. If you go ahead and do this and have problems, then you are on your own.
  • You are not allowed to give the beta builds to others - this would be a breach of confidentiality and would get you off the team.

If you feel that you are ok with the previous, you can send me (nant) a private message and I will reply with approval instructions of denial (yes sometimes rejections are needed).

Thank you for your understanding.

16 years 1 week ago #61678 by iamalive
Replied by iamalive on topic Re:Joining testing group
Hi
Thanks for the in-depth reply. I do appreciate that.

Although I consider myself a very experienced Joomla person, I have little experience with CB. I would dearly love to use this component, but only with Joomla 1.5

I have frequently tried to use it, but have always had a lot of problems (especially again with J!.1.5) when I tried to use the German language packs. Apparently, they are not updated in sync with the component and I've always ended up with ugly undefined Strings which just put me off using it.
I would be very happy to be involved in this translation effort, if that can be done in sync with component development.

At present I'm playing around with elgg.org/ as an alternative, as I cannot get CB to provide this kind of attractive interface.
If I can help with CB, I'd be glad to do so. I am not a programmer, but an avid user and I have a huge project in mind for which CB would be ideal, if I can get it to work with J!.1.5 properly.
In summary: if I can help I will, especially with translation.
I leave it up to you.

Regards

David

16 years 1 week ago #61697 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joining testing group
iamalive wrote:

I would be very happy to be involved in this translation effort, if that can be done in sync with component development.

I leave it up to you.

If you feel that you are ok with the previous, you can send me (nant) a private message and I will reply with approval instructions of denial (yes sometimes rejections are needed).

also to join translation team please follow instructions:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,46248/catid,44/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds