Error

Please login first

whats the delay?

15 years 8 months ago #73916 by posternb
Replied by posternb on topic Re:whats the delay?
beat wrote:

We are currently talking weeks, not months and not days, for CB 1.2 stable, and the upgrades are and will be smooth.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe I've read this exact statement numerous times through the past several months. I also believe that this release was originally slated to be out many months ago.

While I understand the situation the dev team is in, I also understand that repeated delays with relatively few details (& vague ones at that) as to the ETA of the stable release can get equally frustrating to those people who've been waiting anxiously for it for these many moons.

There hasn't been news on the front page of the site for over two months, so anyone who wants to know the status has to search the forum for new posts, and hope they are relevant to our wait.

I guess I'm just saying, although he was a bit pissy in his tone, I also understand those other guys' frustrations, and that perhaps a bit more communication with the community might help ease the tensions associated with extended periods of eager patience (a paradox if ever one were).

I, like many, would love to be a Doc Subscriber, but struggle month-to-month for rent and food as it is. And like so many as well, I'm waiting patiently, but with great eager anticipation, for the stable release. I check the site once or twice weekly for some kind of word, and feel a bit sad every time I check and can't find news.

I know you all work very hard on this software, and I appreciate your time, energy, and determination to put out an amazing product for free. I think most of us would just like a bit more communication and better details.

Thanks tons for reading my li'l rant. I'm really stoked to try out the new CB soon.

Man, I wish I could spare the cash. :-(

Cheers,
Poster Nutbag

Cheers,
Poster Nutbag

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #73921 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:whats the delay?
Algirdas wrote:

thanks, for information

its very interesting how you make them all native -

will you release 3 separate versions?

or it'll have all legacy files in it, and native just means you don't need to enable legacy?

Post edited by: Algirdas, at: 2008/09/09 00:04

This is already the case in CB 1.2 RC 2: One universally native package. CB has a framework which adapts to the CMS's native API, so 1 release makes it all.

posternb,

Yes, things are sometimes frustrating... I don't think I made such a statement before that on CB 1.2 stable release, correct me please if I'm wrong... But seems i got cought again making an approximative ETA statement :D .

...but you are right, a front-page article on the current progress should be made soon, since there has been lots of progress in the last 2 summer-months :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #74284 by rdbean
Replied by rdbean on topic Re:whats the delay?
Why are you people complaining?

Let's think about this for a moment...you are complaining about why a FREE extension isn't available sooner?

If I were still in the Marines and you worked for me I'd tell you to have a big cup of STFU!

For what It's worth I'm using the RC on 2 Live Sites with no issues. Getting ready to deploy it on a 3rd an 4th.

Cheers,

Rich

PS No Offense to anyone! Lots of Love and Happiness :silly:

15 years 8 months ago #74451 by jjsaarin
Replied by jjsaarin on topic Re:whats the delay?
I'm making pages for our student organization, which isn't aimed for profit, and that's why I'm waiting eagerly CB1.2.

Now the wait has changed even more frustrating, because new Joomfish's RC (which BTW came to "not paying" users only about week after users who joined the club, and SVN is public all the time) isn't working with CB1.1's login module. So basicly I have 2 components (Joomfish, sh404SEF (want to publish both same time) waiting for CB1.2.

I'd really like to pay that document subscription, but I usually don't use that kind of written documents (have always founded out what I need by trying), and more important, I'm not "professional" Joomla pagemaker as some people here seems to be. OK, I have 3 Joomla installations, but all are the same page (local dev, test in internet, production site in internet).

15 years 8 months ago #74878 by Dragoncrawl
Replied by Dragoncrawl on topic Re:whats the delay?
The really bad thing on this delay is not the CB itself, but rather the point that 3rd party developers don't start to convert or develop new plugins for CB v1.2. So when CB v1.2 stable comes out there will be passed a lot of time until the plugins will come out.

The better variant would be to make CB stable only for payed registrants without subscription service for the beta, etc.. Then the RC2 had to be come out as stable (it is more stable than other "final" software for joomla) and 3rd party developer could begin to develop plugins for this. And the Developer of CB had their incomes..

15 years 8 months ago #74883 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re:whats the delay?
rdbean wrote:

Why are you people complaining?

Let's think about this for a moment...you are complaining about why a FREE extension isn't available sooner?

If I were still in the Marines and you worked for me I'd tell you to have a big cup of STFU!

For what It's worth I'm using the RC on 2 Live Sites with no issues. Getting ready to deploy it on a 3rd an 4th.

Cheers,

Rich

PS No Offense to anyone! Lots of Love and Happiness :silly:

Just because something is free doesn't mean you forfeit your right to voice your complaints about it. Believe it or not, there are people out there who can't afford to be a doc subscriber just to use this program. Those people have been waiting for a long time and are getting frustrated. You and your "i'd give them a big can of STFU" doesn't help the situation at all, all you are doing is antagonizing people with that comment.

Saying PS NO offense to anyone at the end of that post is like shooting someone with a shotgun and then giving them a band aid and then saying "No offense"

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds