2 question: clone field and remove icon labels

14 years 11 months ago #102166 by Mandig
HI,

I would have a couple of question to aks you:

1° even if my site is a totally free site I'm using CBSubs to have different kind of users. Now, in order to make some modules work, I have to create the same field for each kind of user to keep datas separated (for example I created Country field multiple times to let my geocode module identify a specific user type only) but I did it manually and I wonder if there's a way to clone a field and rename it. (just to make you understand I created a single choice dropdown list with all the Countries in the world and It took me a lot of time, that's why I'd like to clone it).

2° is there a way to remove the icons labels on the top of the registration form ? I already have them on the bottom and I don't want them twice.

Thanks for your help.

Bye ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #102187 by nant
Mandig wrote:

HI,

I would have a couple of question to aks you:

1° even if my site is a totally free site I'm using CBSubs to have different kind of users. Now, in order to make some modules work, I have to create the same field for each kind of user to keep datas separated (for example I created Country field multiple times to let my geocode module identify a specific user type only) but I did it manually and I wonder if there's a way to clone a field and rename it. (just to make you understand I created a single choice dropdown list with all the Countries in the world and It took me a lot of time, that's why I'd like to clone it).

2° is there a way to remove the icons labels on the top of the registration form ? I already have them on the bottom and I don't want them twice.

Thanks for your help.

Bye ;)

[mod note: moved from inappropriate forum area]

Regarding #2 - there is a CB Configuration parameter for icon displaying.

Regarding #1 - I do not understand the need to clone fields to begin with.

14 years 11 months ago #102202 by Mandig
Dear Nant,

first of all let me thank you for your reply.

The reason why I need to clone my field is that I need to keep separated all the details for every type of user otherwise some modules (as I told you for example the geocode module) mix down all my users. Just to explain myself better if I keep a unique "city" field for all users kind and I want to geolocate only a specific type I'm not able to show only one type on the map. I have the same problem with CB searching function. If I search and sort user by city (or Country, or each common field) I can't see only the kind of user I choose but I see all of them.

I frankly don't know if I explained myself very well but just to be clear I have the following:

- user type A
- user type B
- user type C

if I keep 1 city field only for all the 3 user type and I want to search only user A in that city CB replies me with the list of all user in that city, even if they are not included in type A. On the other side if I create 3 fields:

- type_A_city
- type_B_city
- type_C_city

I'm able to search only users included in type A in that city.

If it still not clear please let me know and I'll try to change my explaination or If I didn't understand anything untill now about creating fields please let me know it too :ohmy:

P.S.: concerning the icon I saw that there is a setting in CB to hide them or show partially but I just would like to know if it is possible to show them only at the bottom because now, indipendently by CB settings, icons are on and under registration field and I would like to have them only once a the bottom of the page. (I tried to modify the template but without complete success :whistle: - the icons on the top were not showing anymore but the registration button didn't worked anymore).

Thanks for your help.

Bye

Post edited by: Mandig, at: 2009/06/16 16:27

14 years 11 months ago #102215 by nant
Regarding icons, please look at CB Configuration -> Registration tab -> Show explanation for icons

This is exactly what you want (also in the doc).

Regarding other issue, I would not clone fields.

Reardless of user type th user lives in a city - so city should be a common field available for all plans.

No if you do not want to show cities of users of a specific plan, then I would assume you should filter them somehow off your geocode plugin/component.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.071 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn