[#2548] Username is assigned first + last instead of email

12 years 11 months ago #164926 by cvoogt
The problem is still this;

I have a user in the system called John Smith / jsmith@whatever.com.
I try to register as John Smith but with johnsmith@differentemailaddress.com, but get "This username/password already in use. Please try another."

The change only happens after registration. Perhaps this would work if I were to hide the first & last name fields, but that's just not an option. They have to be included.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #164973 by apdt

krileon wrote:

OK. Tried the CB Fields incubator plugin, but I can't really test it out because I still cannot complete the registration. The CB Field plugin isn't triggered until AFTER registration (onAfterUserRegistration), so it doesn't help solve the problem of needing to show first & last name fields but using the email address as the username. I tried 'onBeforeUserRegistration' as well.

On before should function as CB Fields alters the user object from reference. At any rate in most cases yes the change is done after registration. Don't understand how this is preventing users from registering however as they'll be given first+last name as username then it will immediately fix after registration.

I tried both Frontend-Before Registration and Frontend-After Registration and both didn't work. Here is the workflow.
  1. User click 'Sign Up' and presented with registration form
  2. User fill in the details, click 'Register' and go to payment page
  3. From backend, I can see in CB User Manager that the user entry is already created but Subscription column is still empty. At this point, Username = FirstName + LastName
  4. User select Dummy Payment gateway, fill in dummy credit card details, click 'Pay' button and receive success message.
  5. From backend, Subscription column is now populated but there is no change to the username field. It's still FirstName + LastName

This is the setting of my CB field
Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #165235 by apdt
Any update to this? I still can't assign email address using CB Fields

12 years 8 months ago #174052 by apdt
Is this fixed in the latest CBSubs? What's the status of this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn