Licence per Domain | live and local development ?

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170076 by pepperstreet
Hello,
just wondering what is possible and allowed with a 1-Domain licence.
I noticed that my first localhost demo setup in a subfolder called /cb was registered automaticly. Do I have to use this install path from now on? Or can i change this localhost path to my liking? What happens if I install CBsubs in another local test folder? i.e. /cbsubstest
Is every install counted? Would this occupie my total allowed URL usages? Is the total amount dynamic? So, i could install a test on MY online server to show it to the client?

Because i need at least one live-Domain for the client, i am scared that I am running out of allowed licenses...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170141 by beat
No worries, you can have 2 (temporarly 3) active installations: 1 live and 1 (temporarily 2) test/development installations.

CBSubs floating licensing is smart enough to only count the active installs. To move an installation, just uninstall on old site and install on new site. Your profile will still show old installations, but they won't count.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 9 months ago #170144 by pepperstreet
Ah, sounds good and flexible. I thought, I would get in trouble if I install one temporary setup on my own online space (obviously with a different domain). I guess, I will have to show some possibilities and actions in realtime... because he can´t follow my theoretical explanations and suggestions.

We are still discussing the usage of CBsubs against a simpler, manual CB solution... where I could use a simple checkbox plus a notification email... still not sure if CBsubs is too-big in this particular case.

12 years 9 months ago #170146 by pepperstreet
You mentioned "un-install". Is it nessecary to physically uninstall? Or do you mean, "just don´t use it simultaneously with another installation" ?

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170152 by nant

pepperstreet wrote: You mentioned "un-install". Is it nessecary to physically uninstall? Or do you mean, "just don´t use it simultaneously with another installation" ?

If CBSubs is installed on two different sites with same license code then it is in use on both sites.

12 years 9 months ago #170156 by pepperstreet
;-) Sorry for asking and making it more complicated than it actually is. In my case I have currently the following installation:

I want to keep this first test install for my own personal investigations:
1. localhost/CB

It seems, I need to install a second local install for my client:

2. localhost/MyClient

3. It might be useful to have the same install ONLINE on my own domain/server

4. Finally i would install the test from 2./3. onto the final client domain.

Conclusion:
Physically I have approx. 3-4 installs, but they do not run simultaniously!
Is this possible? Did you get the idea?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn