Licence per Domain | live and local development ?

12 years 9 months ago #170174 by beat
Short reply:

CBSubs license is for 2 active installations, of which one is used productively.

CBSubs license manager will tolerate 2 (temporarly up to 3 active installations) of which one is used in production.

In your case, having 2 on localhost + 1 live install will be ok. However having a fourth installation will need a second license if it's for more than a short period of time.

You don't need to uninstall to remove a license from "active" state in terms of count, deleting the files or stopping completely using it will do same effect, although it might take a bit longer to appear non-active in the license manager.

Hope that clarifies and shows that the license-manager is as easy as possible to use and cool and fair. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170176 by pepperstreet
o.k. almost clear now.
So, a temp localhost install will be removed from "active" state automaticly. I do not have to talk to you to remove the URL from the licence manager list.

Is there any difference for URLs with localhost: ?
I mean, is it possible to have 3+ localhost installs ? That would be much easier...

in general i tend to have a lot of local subfolders with default setups of big extensions. Its better to have a save backup, when extensions have hundreds of parameters and options. If something goes wrong or is totally messed-up, i can take a look into the un-touched default installation... or I just duplicate the whole folder and DB...

Sorry for bothering you ;-)

12 years 9 months ago #170688 by beat
1 install counts as 1 files installation corresponding to 1 database and 1 url (or a certain number of aliases thereof). So used localhost installs do count.

The licensing engine is flexible on test installs. But live sites do count 1 per site license.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179421 by gekko_505
Did i get anthing wrong, or does this really actually mean, that - if i want to develop on my 127.0.0.1 local host and later set it up on the final domain.tld in the web - i need to buy 2 licences ?!?

I hope i just got it wrong,
but if not i wanna say: "You can't be serious !"

Greez,
MEE

Tags: licence, cbsubs, localhost

P.S: Don't u have a pre-sales contact possibility, or maybe a pre-sales chat ??
At least the first one is odd.

12 years 6 months ago #179422 by nant

gekko_505 wrote: Did i get anthing wrong, or does this really actually mean, that - if i want to develop on my 127.0.0.1 local host and later set it up on the final domain.tld in the web - i need to buy 2 licences ?!?

I hope i just got it wrong,
but if not i wanna say: "You can't be serious !"

Greez,
MEE

Tags: licence, sbsubs, localhost

You are wrong.

A single site license is all you need.

12 years 6 months ago #179423 by gekko_505

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds