Perpetual license vs maintenance license

12 years 6 months ago #179003 by dirtypants
Perpetual license vs maintenance license was created by dirtypants
I just had someone upgrade CBSubs to 1.2.2. When doing so, I upgraded my "maintenance license" by a year or something because of glaring red warnings on my CBSubs page. It turns out that this license just brought me up to last month, so I paid for a license to have maintenance for a period that already expired. That's kind of a bummer.

Now the glaringly huge red "EXPIRED" warnings have gone away in CBSubs, but there is still a smaller warning that says:

A problem has been detected with your CBSubs license: Your maintenance period has expired on 13 September 2011. Click here to extend your maintenance period.

Yet the license for CBSubs says it is perpetual.

Can someone break down what the distinctions are? Am I okay with what I have? Is it "working" and "legit"? I kind of resent having just paid for a maintenance period that I didn't use. Why wouldn't it be a year from today?

Confused,

Scott

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179004 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re: Perpetual license vs maintenance license
Oh, and my sig is wrong. CB is 1.7, CBSubs is 1.2.2, and VM is 1.1.9

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

12 years 6 months ago #179007 by nant
Hi Scott,

I believe this post:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/87-presales/163914-cbsubs-license-and-maintenance-periods

explains the license maintenance periods.

Your CBSubs license is a lifetime license - means that you can use it on your website forever with the CBSubs version you installed when you purchased the license. It will also work with any CBSubs version released during your license maintenance period.

So in your case you can install CBSubs 1.2.2 because it was released before your maintenance period ended but since your maintenance period has ended now, this means that if a new CBSubs version is released tomorrow you would not be able to use it with your license unless you add another year to your maintenance period.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn