License Issues / Confusing Options

12 years 6 months ago #179827 by skosloff
License Issues / Confusing Options was created by skosloff
I have two previous CBSubs licenses, one for 15,000 users and another for 5000 users. These licenses were purchased back in the days of version 1.03 and 1.1.1.

Today I wanted to add a site to the license with 500 users so I shelled out another $200+ dollars, downloaded the latest version of CBSubs, and then installed it on the new site. Then when I install the license key I get an error message stating that I need to purchase a NEW license agreement in order to use the latest version of CBSubs. So on top of the $200 I just spent I'm asked to shell out another $80.

I'm all for making a buck, but I find this to be a bit ridiculous. If I'm going to buy an additional site why don't you thrown in the year of free maintenance that people get when they sign up for a new, separate license?

At the very least the information on my profile page / upgrade link should make it very clear that this license is good ONLY for versions X.Y.Z. and not any newer versions since the last maintenance agreement expired.

I like the CB products and appreciate all of the work done by the CB Team. But I feel like I'm being nickeled and dimed here, and I simply cannot afford that in this economy.

I do realize that I can install a previous version of CBSubs and that will in fact work with the previous license, but I prefer a version with the latest security updates and the promotion code feature.

I sent a PM about this situation and was told I needed to post here in the forum first. Other than having to shell out more money to renew my subscription for tech support I could not find another way to contact the CB Team regarding this issue.

Right now I would like a refund of my latest purchase while a re-evaluate if I want to split a license, get a new separate license, or look for other options.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179874 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: License Issues / Confusing Options

skosloff wrote: I have two previous CBSubs licenses, one for 15,000 users and another for 5000 users. These licenses were purchased back in the days of version 1.03 and 1.1.1.

Today I wanted to add a site to the license with 500 users so I shelled out another $200+ dollars, downloaded the latest version of CBSubs, and then installed it on the new site. Then when I install the license key I get an error message stating that I need to purchase a NEW license agreement in order to use the latest version of CBSubs. So on top of the $200 I just spent I'm asked to shell out another $80.

I'm all for making a buck, but I find this to be a bit ridiculous. If I'm going to buy an additional site why don't you thrown in the year of free maintenance that people get when they sign up for a new, separate license?

At the very least the information on my profile page / upgrade link should make it very clear that this license is good ONLY for versions X.Y.Z. and not any newer versions since the last maintenance agreement expired.

I like the CB products and appreciate all of the work done by the CB Team. But I feel like I'm being nickeled and dimed here, and I simply cannot afford that in this economy.

I do realize that I can install a previous version of CBSubs and that will in fact work with the previous license, but I prefer a version with the latest security updates and the promotion code feature.

I sent a PM about this situation and was told I needed to post here in the forum first. Other than having to shell out more money to renew my subscription for tech support I could not find another way to contact the CB Team regarding this issue.

Right now I would like a refund of my latest purchase while a re-evaluate if I want to split a license, get a new separate license, or look for other options.

Hi and thanks for posting.
I checked my Private messages and did not find anything - guess you sent a message to Beat or Kyle. No worries.

regarding your CBSubs purchases it appears that you do in fact have 2 prior purchases - one for 15000 users and one for 5000 users made back in 2009.

It looks like you did not purchase a new 500 user license and instead you added another site to your 5000 user license. And that license had an expired maintenance agreement (meaning that you cannot use it with the latest CBSubs 1.2.2 version).

I have sent you a PM to understand how we can help fix this (I believe) mistake in purchasing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn