Help members renew

12 years 4 months ago #183978 by cjmicro
Help members renew was created by cjmicro
Joomla 1.5.25
CB 1.7.1
CB SUBS 1.2.2

I am looking for some suggestions. I find the renewal process fairly simple, but it seems that some of our users do not. They are not very computer savvy. I think what happens is when they try to renew, they are NOT logging in first, so they end up trying to subscribe again.

Then of course when they enter their email it tells them that email is in use. They don't think to go to the login area and click "forgot login".

Can you suggest anything to help with this process? The client wants them to be able to just use the same email and username and start over. I found a way to hack joomla user to allow duplicate email, but can't seem to get it to let me use duplicate username. I know that is not the ideal solution anyway.

Can I set it up so when they log in they go to their "subscription" tab to see right away if they are expired? It goes to their profile, but they still have to find the "subscription" tab.

Perhaps there is some way I can change the language file to help with this. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make it as easy as possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #183998 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Help members renew
Language files can be changed (see your documentation - it has a dedicated chapter).

You can also create a nice article perhaps explaining the process.

12 years 4 months ago #184046 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic Re: Help members renew
Thanks for the reply. I have edited the language files... is it possible to use html code in there to make the messages show up larger and include html links?

I will try that and see if it blows up the site ;)

I have the login set up to show a link right away to their profile, would there be any way to have a direct link to their registration information rather than a tab on the profile? I could make a module "check your subscription" or something.

12 years 4 months ago #184054 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic Re: Help members renew
OMG totally forgot about the subscription cbsubs module!! I think that will help!!!

12 years 4 months ago #184079 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds