Post Affiliate Pro 4 not recognizing sale

15 years 4 weeks ago #95437 by beat
palikari wrote:

After more tests I disabled the PAP4 Joomla module.

I then set the affiliate ID as well as the campaign ID in the PAP4 integration section of the plan. When I completed a sale it showed under the affiliate's commission page. So it appears that the plugin is sending the data to PAP4.

So I think I have narrowed it down to the cookie not being read if the affiliate ID is not sent by the plugin.

Has the PAP4 plugin been tested without the affiliate ID being set on the plan itself?

Of course yes, that's how it works.

Yes, it's tested and working. But the cookie-setting in PAP is a little tricky. You need to make sure that the cookie domain setting matches the domain name that your site is being accessed.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 weeks ago #95438 by palikari
Finally got it working.

I am using mod_rewrite and an .htaccess file to enable SEO under Joomla. Since Joomla is rewriting all the links in real time I think it was confusing PAP4.

I had to change my tracking links under PAP4 configuration to:

SEO links (with mod_rewrite)

In case anyone else has this issue.

Detailed instructions:

1. Log in to PAP4 as admin

2. Click on the Configuration link on the left menu

3, Click on Tracking Settings

4. Scroll down to Affiliate linking method

5. Click the checkbox next to SEO links (with mod_rewrite)

6. Click the "Continue Setup" button on the right of the demo URL

7. Make sure the SEO Links settings are correct

8. Copy the customized .htaccess code in the text window and save it to your clipboard

9. Add it to your .htaccess file (I had to add it above my Joomla code)

Now the cookie should be set and recognized correctly if all the other configuration data is set correctly. My affiliates now have a custom URL that looks like this:

www.mysite.com/ref/testaff.html

which takes their referrals to the main page of the site. All sales and clicks are being recorded correctly to generate commissions.

Thanks for all the help...

14 years 10 months ago #103153 by comoop
Hi palikari, Just read this post and thanks in advance I am about to embark on a cbsubs + PAP4 implementation with SEF urls turned on so you just gave me a heads up.

Just a question for you if thats ok, with SEF urls turned on and using the PAP tracking module is can is it possible to track clicks from any page on your site, on a content article for eg? If so what sort of format would the affiliates url need to be?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn