Import Error

15 years 2 weeks ago #96275 by RebelFlicks
Import Error was created by RebelFlicks
When importing existing members into a CBSubs plan via CMS group, a Success screen appears showing the members who were imported, but none are actually imported. Tried importing them numerous times.

any ideas?

Post edited by: RebelFlicks, at: 2009/04/23 22:12

Post edited by: RebelFlicks, at: 2009/04/24 00:15
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 weeks ago #96293 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:Import Error
Hi RebelFlicks,

What did you use to create the CSV file?

If you have edited in MS Excel it can cause some real headaches.

I used OpenOffice SCalc and all my problems went away.

Hope this helps.

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

15 years 2 weeks ago #96298 by RebelFlicks
Replied by RebelFlicks on topic Re:Import Error
Thank you for the reply.

A CSV file from OpenOffice also produces a success screen with a list of imported members, but none are actually imported.

15 years 2 weeks ago #96435 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re:Import Error
I'm trying to assign a plan/subscription to all registered users of my site using the Import function.

Import Source is Registered

Import destination is a plan I've set up
Current state is Active

I set the Subscription date and whether I choose Yes or just a test for the Import Behavior, when I click Import I can this error message.

Importer - error: Not all userId exist, are active (confirmed, approved and enabled) ! innexistant or inactive ids: 545, 601, 896, 911, 915, 916, 917, 918

Those user ids ARE disable, not confirmed or approved but in the user manager I can't change the last 4 ids. Clicking on the red X does nothing but reload the page. Any ideas?

Post edited by: mcooper03, at: 2009/04/24 23:57

Update: It looks like the trouble I had changing the various statuses was related to not setting the name option correctly for the way CB imports the names or Joomla users. I changed it to be the same as Joomla, just name, first and last in the same field and I could then change the status of all but one user to make the import work. I just deleted and recreated that one user.

Post edited by: mcooper03, at: 2009/04/25 00:12

15 years 1 week ago #96441 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Import Error
Thanks for editing/reporting back that your import worked, and how you fixed the issues B)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #96986 by RebelFlicks
Replied by RebelFlicks on topic Re:Import Error
Where exactly were these changes made.

Was it Components>Community Builder>Configuration>Name Style ?

Making a change here did not help me. The name field I use does contain more than 1 word as in "The Local Supply Store".

mcooper03 wrote:

Update: It looks like the trouble I had changing the various statuses was related to not setting the name option correctly for the way CB imports the names or Joomla users. I changed it to be the same as Joomla, just name, first and last in the same field and I could then change the status of all but one user to make the import work. I just deleted and recreated that one user.

Post edited by: mcooper03, at: 2009/04/25 00:12[/quote]

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.678 seconds