Import Error

15 years 1 week ago #96987 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re:Import Error
The problem I had was in CB User Management. Several of the users were disabled or not confirmed and this was keeping the import of users to a subscription plan from completing. I was not able to change them in CB User Management until I corrected another setting.

It was in CB Configuration, General tab, the Name Style. I had selected First and Last name field. This was trying to create a First name field and a Last name field. Joomla had collected the names in Single Name Field style, which had the whole name (first and last) in one field, so I had to set CB also to Single Name Field style to match the way Joomla collected the name.

Once this was done I could then change the users in CB User Manager to Enabled, Confirmed and Approved. I did have to delete and re create one user that even after the setting changes would not switch to Enabled.

I hope this helps.

Post edited by: mcooper03, at: 2009/04/28 23:16

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #96989 by RebelFlicks
Replied by RebelFlicks on topic Re:Import Error
Thanks for the quick reply.

That is the setting I have also. Still no one is imported.

When I register as a new member, the left column of the website shows: Your current subscription:Free Lifetime,
yet no one shows in the CBsubs Paid Subscriptions.

15 years 1 week ago #96990 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re:Import Error
When you try to import is there an error? It should give you an idea of what is wrong. In my case it was specific problems with several user ids

15 years 1 week ago #96991 by RebelFlicks
No error. It shows a success screen and lists the names of the businesses (members) that were imported, but no one shows in Subscriptions and the Subscriptions field of User Manager remains blank. Even new registered members do not show in Subscriptions.

Post edited by: RebelFlicks, at: 2009/04/28 23:50

15 years 1 week ago #96992 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Import Error
RebelFlicks wrote:

No error. It shows a success screen and lists the names of the businesses (members) that were imported, but no one shows in the subscriptions.

Is it a free lifetime subscription with general setting for not creating subscriptions for free lifetime ones ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #96995 by RebelFlicks
Imports are Plan A, new registration is Free Lifetime Plan which I created.

"... general setting for not creating subscriptions for free lifetime ones ?" Don't understand. Where is this setting?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds