Registration without Subscription

14 years 11 months ago #98602 by solacefsp
Registration without Subscription was created by solacefsp
Hey there.

I have been working with CBSubs now for a few weeks and I feel that I understand it well, but I am having dificulty getting it to do something.
My client wants to allow people to have registered access to the site without a subscription, but allow them to subscribe to other features later. They feel that any mention of subscription will be a barrier to registrations (let's not get into an argument about the logic in this, it's simply a client's request).

It seems to me that this is not possible. A user MUST subscribe to SOMETHING to when CBSubs is turned on even if that something is only standard registered access. (Please correct me if this statement is wrong).

First, I'd like it if this was not the case. So that users could use standard CB registration even if CBSubs is turned on.

Secondly, if I do have to create a Free Lifetime plan, is there some way to have the user automatically subscribed to it wihtout it showing up anywhere in the system? Not in the registration process (even though they end up with it). Not in the CB Profile (though I have seen how to make this happen, it's not really useful if it's still showing up elsewhere). Basically, to the user they would never know that there was a subscription for them in the back end.

Thoughts?

Mark Jordan,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98611 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Registration without Subscription
solacefsp wrote:

Hey there.

I have been working with CBSubs now for a few weeks and I feel that I understand it well, but I am having dificulty getting it to do something.
My client wants to allow people to have registered access to the site without a subscription, but allow them to subscribe to other features later. They feel that any mention of subscription will be a barrier to registrations (let's not get into an argument about the logic in this, it's simply a client's request).

It seems to me that this is not possible. A user MUST subscribe to SOMETHING to when CBSubs is turned on even if that something is only standard registered access. (Please correct me if this statement is wrong).

You are wrong. In fact you don't even have to should subscriptions during registration.

First, I'd like it if this was not the case. So that users could use standard CB registration even if CBSubs is turned on.
[/quote]

This is the case.

Secondly, if I do have to create a Free Lifetime plan, is there some way to have the user automatically subscribed to it wihtout it showing up anywhere in the system? Not in the registration process (even though they end up with it). Not in the CB Profile (though I have seen how to make this happen, it's not really useful if it's still showing up elsewhere). Basically, to the user they would never know that there was a subscription for them in the back end.

Thoughts?

Mark Jordan,

Well you don't have to show it in the registration process, but I believe that the Free Lifetime plan part will show up in the profile subscription tab. You can of course change the wording to perhaps make things sound better?

14 years 11 months ago #98635 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Registration without Subscription
Yes, subscribed plans can't be hidden from user in CBSubs 1.0.1.

It's something planed for future features-releases.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn