Paid Membership Directory with ebooks for sale

14 years 3 months ago #121136 by coachnet
I'm posting this in the hope that my setup might be of use to others with a similar business model!

My business is a network of life coaches, business coaches & executive coaches. The coaches pay an annual fee for professional membership which entitles them to a listing in our online directory.

Membership options are:
    Plan A: Free registration for access to content. Only name, username, email & password show for these registrations.
    Plan B: Annual Membership @ $199/year. Many other fields displayed for this option (which appear in directory). Subscribers get "author" access.
    Plan C: Annual Membership plus report @ $200/year Many other fields displayed for this option (which appear in directory). Subscribers get "author" access.

There are also currently 2 ebooks for sale on the site.

I am only using CB & CB Subs for the sales and directory. (i.e. not using Virtuemart or SOBI)

I initially had all three plans plus both ebooks setup as plans with no parent. This caused a problem because the three plans are exclusive (which also makes one of them mandatory). So if a new user tried to purchase an ebook, they got an error message saying they had to pick a plan (which aren't displayed).

The current setup I have that has resolved this:
  • I have setup a parent for the 3 plans. The parent is not exclusive, but the plans under it are.
  • Both ebooks are top level (no parent) and do not display at registration (only by URL link)

• At the front end, a user can:
  • Find a Life Coach
  • Find a Business Coach
  • Find an Executive Coach
  • Find a Speaker

• Only users who have current PAID memberships should be displayed in these lists.

To do this:
  • Created a field in field management called "Category" with the options "life coach", "business coach", "executive coach" & "speaker"
  • Created a field in field management called "Approval Status" with the options "Approved", "Pending", "Rejected"
  • In List Management, I created new lists for:Find a Life Coach, Find a Business Coach, Find an Executive Coach &Find a Speaker
  • The lists were filtered to only show "authors" (this means only paid up people are displayed), Approval Status as approved (which we set after a telephone interview for quality control) & the Category field filtered for the respective list

• Finally, I wanted more flexibility with how the coach's profile would be displayed, so I installed Community Builder Profile Pro .

The last two bits to be finalised are:
  • Automating paid members subscription to an Acajoom list
  • Getting idevaffiliate to track sales (currently tracking traffic okay, but not sales)

• Anyway it was a HUGE job to get all this setup, with LOTS of trial and error, so I'm happy to help others with a similar business model with details of how things are configured.

Good luck and I hope this helps someone!

Almost forgot! My website is www.coachnetwork.com

Post edited by: coachnet, at: 2010/01/08 04:26

Renee Hasseldine
    CoachNetwork Founder
    Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #121147 by nant
    Thanks for sharing your solution.

Wishing you great sales in your business!

14 years 3 months ago #121372 by coachnet
    Thanks! :)

Renee Hasseldine
    CoachNetwork Founder
    Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
    Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn