[SOLVED] Best way to subscribe for a user as admin

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230484 by andor
Some of our older members are not so used to shop and pay on web sites and do some times pay offline, without having managed to create the order/basket item on our site.

I noticed that if I just click one of the "Current membership upgrade possibilities" in backend and click save, the membership will activate without a payment basket id being generated.

What would the best way be for me as an admin to make sure the subscription end up in the right place for these users?

I imagine a process where I order the subscription for the member and click the "Pay" button in the payment basket list.

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230489 by nant

andor wrote: Some of our older members are not so used to shop and pay on web sites and do some times pay offline, without having managed to create the order/basket item on our site.

I noticed that if I just click one of the "Current membership upgrade possibilities" in backend and click save, the membership will activate without a payment basket id being generated.

What would the best way be for me as an admin to make sure the subscription end up in the right place for these users?

I imagine a process where I order the subscription for the member and click the "Pay" button in the payment basket list.

Please study your CBSubs 3.0 manual as it addresses this.

13.1 Frontend Ordering and Payment Recording
As of CBSubsTM 1.3 all superadmin users and authorized users (see Chapter 7.3.6 on Permissions) can make an order on behalf of a user from the frontend by simply visiting a user’s profile and making the appropriate choice from the Subscriptions tab.
If an off-line payment method is enabled, the authorized user can also complete the payment recording in the same frontend process.
This feature is very convenient for membership clubs that tend to receive many off- line payments for membership subscriptions. This way authorized users can record the subscription ordering and payment without any further involvement from end- user.

10 years 9 months ago #230490 by andor
Replied by andor on topic Best way to subscribe for a user as admin
Ooops - sorry for not spotting this in the manual.

...and big thanks for the pointer! Makes a perfect process :cheer:

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.708 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn