How to Require a Membership Plan subscription before allowing a Member to Activate an Online Listing

9 years 7 months ago #248661 by mmccormick
J 3.3.3 / CB 1.9.1 / CBSubs 3.0

I will have three overall membership plans allowed: Professional, Life and Student. I will also offer a Paid Listing plan that triggers to show the Member info on a Public Professional Services Directory.

QUESTION #1: How do I make sure that they first subscribe to a Pro or Life Member Plan before purchasing a Paid Listing plan?

In my old version of this site, I tried having Paid Listing as an upgrade of Professional, but when you upgrade Professional to Life the Paid Listing subscription goes away (not longer shows the option to renew the Paid Listing once they are Lifers -- and the record remains, often the trigger does not get thrown to stop showing the contact info). Only a Professional or Life Member can have a Paid Listing (students don't need it).

QUESTION #2: Can they subscribe to the Life or Pro Plan AND the Paid Listing at the same time? (Perhaps only if I make this a separate Pro + Listing plan?) Folks don't want to pay and then pay again and so we are losing revenue because we can't offer add-ons and ONE payment.

QUESTION #3: Those who purchase a Paid Listing need to fill out more info in their Profile. Is it possible to redirect them to a specific TAB on the Profile for editing after the purchase?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248662 by nant

mmccormick wrote: J 3.3.3 / CB 1.9.1 / CBSubs 3.0

I will have three overall membership plans allowed: Professional, Life and Student. I will also offer a Paid Listing plan that triggers to show the Member info on a Public Professional Services Directory.

QUESTION #1: How do I make sure that they first subscribe to a Pro or Life Member Plan before purchasing a Paid Listing plan?

Conditionally show your paid listing plan only to the other plan subscribers.
This is configured in the plan workflow tab - take a look and also study the documentation.

You can also use the CB field integration functionality to enable a CB field when a listing subscription is active and disable it when listing plan subscription expires.

This field can then be used to filter your CB paid members user list.
There are some use case examples in the manual that will help you here also.

In my old version of this site, I tried having Paid Listing as an upgrade of Professional, but when you upgrade Professional to Life the Paid Listing subscription goes away (not longer shows the option to renew the Paid Listing once they are Lifers -- and the record remains, often the trigger does not get thrown to stop showing the contact info). Only a Professional or Life Member can have a Paid Listing (students don't need it).

QUESTION #2: Can they subscribe to the Life or Pro Plan AND the Paid Listing at the same time? (Perhaps only if I make this a separate Pro + Listing plan?) Folks don't want to pay and then pay again and so we are losing revenue because we can't offer add-ons and ONE payment.

Well that somehow conflicts with your first question.
I guess you can have a second child plan under your Pro plan that will be proposed if the parent plan is selected as one option.

QUESTION #3: Those who purchase a Paid Listing need to fill out more info in their Profile. Is it possible to redirect them to a specific TAB on the Profile for editing after the purchase?

Not with CBSubs by itself - you would probably need to create a CB Auto Action to do this.

9 years 7 months ago #248675 by mmccormick
I will restate. I understand how to trigger the list -- have been doing so for years.Ideally I wish to have folks sign up for both plans at once and pay once to capture more subscriptions.

I am aware of the workflows but am not sure how to choose settings to make all of these scenarios work:
  1. New Member chooses Pro or Life plan, Paid Listing shows (I get this one -- set to display Paid Listing plan if Pro or Life selected)
  2. Renewing Member chooses Pro or Life plan (same settings as 1, I would think, BUT if they chose only the Pro plan before will the [previously unchosen] Paid Listing appear at this renewal?
  3. Directory Listing option as an add-on to Pro or Life. Some visitors may not have chosen the Directory at first registration or renewal -- we will push purchase of this plan throughout the year and maybe even reduce the price. Also, Lifers should not have to register again and may only visit each year to pay for the Paid Listing. So, questions:
  • Would this be an upgrade -- meaning they have to be logged in as Pro or Life to see it? In that case would it be handled already by Option 2 (e.g., at login, the Life plan shows as active and the Paid Listing shows as "Activate for year #### at $100")
  • Should I / Can I show this as Public with all other Plans (simply note strongly that this is only for those with existing membership)? Can it be linked to their record if they subscribe via the standalone button -- this assumes they have not logged in and are just looking at the Public page)?
  • Would it be better to have them access through the login message (text appears after login to prompt sale) and/or CB Profile (this is tricky for older members, who are easily lost)

I hope that's clearer. I can see various ways to configure/ force workflow for the visitors (predicting what they may or may not be able to handle) but need to know what is best for the dbase to set subscriptions and propose renewals correctly. The system must:
  • Register and expire each person for a Pro or Life plan.
  • Register and expire each person for a Paid Listing plan. So if someone renews their Pro or Life plan and NOT the Paid Listing, the Paid Listing is unsubscribed (the CB field is cleared and listing does not appear publically)
  • Link the Paid Listing plan with the Subscriber (Life or Pro)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn