Setup late payment of Member Dues, based on Calendar Year, Using Promotions

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248682 by mmccormick
J 3.3.3 / CB 1.9.1 / CBSubs 3 GPL

Trying to setup Membership Plan fees and use Promotions to add a late fee for payment after January 1. My settings are not changing the plan display at all. Here are the parameters:
  • Membership is Calendar Year
  • For payment from Jan 1 to Sept 15, $125 for THIS Calendar Year
  • For payment from Sept 16 to 12/31, $100 per year and good for remainder of current year + Next calendar year (renewal allowed in advance by 3 months + 2 weeks?)
  • So Base Fee is $100
  • Fee from January 1 to Sept 15 should be $125 ($25.00 late fee added with Promotions feature)

So, for display at Sept 16, the fee should change from back to $100 and the plan should be for THIS and NEXT Calendar Year.
  • I have setup the fee at base of $100 in the plan
  • Have enabled promotions with fixed amount of $25 (-25.00) to add to the base amount and effective Jan 1 - Sept 15. So the price right (Sept 7th) now should show as $125; it shows $100
  • In Apply this Promotion I set tried Timing set to Full Price -- this did nothing.
  • I then tried Timing set to Prorata with calendar plan subdivided by year and -- still no affect
  • The plugin is enabled and promotion is published.
  • I've read and re-read the docs -- no help for a MARKUP case.

• The plan just displays as $100 (the original price) when it should be marked up to $125 from now until 9/15.

Is this possible to do (mark UP price) or do I have to change the plan price manually.
If it's doable, it seems like I have to reset this promotion (late fee) EVERY year (reset the promotional dates)? Anyway to just set it for Jan 1 - Sept 1 of EACH year?

Also NOTE: When I try to change the parameter Periods under timing, it always defaults to "Second" (will not save anything else).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248971 by nant

mmccormick wrote: J 3.3.3 / CB 1.9.1 / CBSubs 3 GPL

Trying to setup Membership Plan fees and use Promotions to add a late fee for payment after January 1. My settings are not changing the plan display at all. Here are the parameters:

• Membership is Calendar Year
  • For payment from Jan 1 to Sept 15, $125 for THIS Calendar Year
  • For payment from Sept 16 to 12/31, $100 per year and good for remainder of current year + Next calendar year (renewal allowed in advance by 3 months + 2 weeks?)
  • So Base Fee is $100
  • Fee from January 1 to Sept 15 should be $125 ($25.00 late fee added with Promotions feature)

So, for display at Sept 16, the fee should change from back to $100 and the plan should be for THIS and NEXT Calendar Year.
  • I have setup the fee at base of $100 in the plan
  • Have enabled promotions with fixed amount of $25 (-25.00) to add to the base amount and effective Jan 1 - Sept 15. So the price right (Sept 7th) now should show as $125; it shows $100
  • In Apply this Promotion I set tried Timing set to Full Price -- this did nothing.
  • I then tried Timing set to Prorata with calendar plan subdivided by year and -- still no affect
  • The plugin is enabled and promotion is published.
  • I've read and re-read the docs -- no help for a MARKUP case.

• The plan just displays as $100 (the original price) when it should be marked up to $125 from now until 9/15.

Is this possible to do (mark UP price) or do I have to change the plan price manually.
If it's doable, it seems like I have to reset this promotion (late fee) EVERY year (reset the promotional dates)? Anyway to just set it for Jan 1 - Sept 1 of EACH year?

Also NOTE: When I try to change the parameter Periods under timing, it always defaults to "Second" (will not save anything else).

So as I understand your use case - you basically want to have a surcharge / late fee, when someone purchases after Sept 15th.

Here is one way to do this:

1. Install the CB Query field plugin (it is available to professional members).
2. Creat a new CB field (you can put it in an admin only tab if you want).
This field can be named: cb_days2sept15 and it basically calculates how many days (in running year) till we reach Sept 15 - so on Sept 13th this field value is 2 and after Sept 15th it will become negative.

The query used is:
SELECT DATEDIFF(CONCAT(  year(now()),  '-09-15' ), now())

So this query basically does a date subtraction: Sept 15th date of running year - today.

3. Used this field to implement the negative promotion criteria in the promotions condition tab.

Existing subscriptions and CB Fields and Dates conditions
First condition: This condition
Condition 1
Existing subscriptions
Any of the following plans subscriptions: -None is needed-

Dates / CB Fields Comparisons
Date A, Field A or Value A: Following CB Field
CB Field A: Days to Sept 15th of this year
Date B, Field B or Value B: Constant value of string (CB substitutions can be used)
Value B: 0
Condition 1 (> for Dates): A < B ( Vale A is smaller than Value B )
Second condition And/Or: -- Add condition --

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn