Error: unable to stop 2Checkout line-item

9 years 5 months ago #253275 by ricco1
We have a member who tried to unsubscribe and was given the following error message:

Error: unable to stop 2Checkout line-item: please contact site administrator and ask him to check error logs for details.

When I check the history log for the error I see the following:

2Checkout: stopRecurring API error: 2checkout: API sales/stop_lineitem_recurring?lineitem_id=205387326947 error: code: NOTHING_TO_DO, message: Lineitem is not scheduled to recur. with URL: www.2checkout.com/api/sales/stop_lineitem_recurring?lineitem_id=205387326947 and posted variables: for sale id: 205387326740 and lineitem_id 205387326947: Error: unable to stop 2Checkout line-item: please contact site administrator and ask him to check error logs for details.

Can you please provide insight on what I can do to fix this issue? Will this be happening for all users that try to unsubscribe?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253283 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Error: unable to stop 2Checkout line-item
Even from the back end it still gives me the same error: "Unable to stop 2Checkout line-item: please contact site administrator and ask him to check error logs for details." when I try to unsubscribe the user. I needed to delete the subscription in order to unsubscribe the user. Why?

9 years 4 months ago #254394 by ricco1
2 weeks without answer. What is going on joomlapolis?

9 years 4 months ago #254418 by nant

rokada wrote: 2 weeks without answer. What is going on joomlapolis?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

From the message it seems that for some reason a request is being sent to 2checkout to stop an auto-recurring payment, but 2checkout is responding that there is no such auto-recurring to terminate.

Maybe the user terminated the auto-recurring part from his/her 2checkout account directly before?

Also please always provide versions of your Joomla/CB/CBSubs environment.

9 years 4 months ago #254428 by ricco1
Hi Nick,

Joomla! 2.5.27
CB 1.9.1
CB Subs 3.0.0

We have a Free plan and a VIP (paid) plan without any grace period set.

If the user terminates the auto-recurring part from his/her 2checkout account directly before why is he/she still a VIP member?

Does this mean that we have to check all the users every day if they have terminated their auto-recurring part? It makes no sense. And what's worst even if the user or we want to cancel the subscription from CB SUBS its not possible. We are collecting peoples money like you are collecting ours, it's not a joke or a game.

Thanks

9 years 4 months ago #254430 by nant

rokada wrote: Hi Nick,

Joomla! 2.5.27
CB 1.9.1
CB Subs 3.0.0

Thanks for data.

We have a Free plan and a VIP (paid) plan without any grace period set.

I assume that the paid plan is auto-recurring?

If the user terminates the auto-recurring part from his/her 2checkout account directly before why is he/she still a VIP member?

The user is terminating the authorization to auto-recur. But your user has already paid for the previous period, so the already paid CBSubs subscription will continue until it expires. And at that point when CBSubs tries to automatically renew the subscription, this will be unsuccessful because user terminated the authorization on the 2checkout side.

So, this logic makes sense to me.

Does this mean that we have to check all the users every day if they have terminated their auto-recurring part?

Nope. But if a user does terminate things from the 2checkout side and then also tries to unsubscribe from the CBSubs side (on your website), then CBSubs tries to stop the 2checkout authorization, but fails as it has been manually stopped before by the user.

At least this is my understanding of the operational processes - Kyle or Beat can chime in if needed with follow-up comments.

It makes no sense.

Based on previous explanations given maybe it makes sense now?

And what's worst even if the user or we want to cancel the subscription from CB SUBS its not possible.

Why is it not possible?

You can cancel the subscription if you want for a user from the backend (visiting the user profile subscription tab) and CBSubs will process the cancellation. If it gives you the message you have seen, then you know that the user has already canceled auto-recurring authorization from the 2checkout side.

We are collecting peoples money like you are collecting ours, it's not a joke or a game.

If my previous responses gave you the impression that I consider collecting peoples money as a joke, I apologize (would love you to point out what gave you this impression so I can adjust my posts in the future).

Hoping that Beat or Kyle will follow-up here if needed as I am trying to speed things up because of missed responses.

Thanks[/quote]

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn