Adding a field to cbsub subscription plan

9 years 4 months ago #254104 by accsports
Hello,

I would like to know how I can add a client filled field when someone subscribes to a new subscription plan. We must collect a name (other than the registrant's) when someone subscribes. This field will be a child's name the parents will fill in when subscribing them. There will be one participant name per subscription sold.

How can I go about this?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #255107 by accsports
Replied by accsports on topic Adding a field to cbsub subscription plan
Does anyone have any idea about this? Is it even possible? Please, some sign would be nice. Thanks.

9 years 4 months ago #255110 by nforse
Replied by nforse on topic Adding a field to cbsub subscription plan
I would think this is a simple matter of creating the new field in Community Builder > Field Management, and setting the new field to show at registration.

Then when your usual subscription form is shown to users by CBSubs at registration they will see your new "Child's Name" field.

9 years 4 months ago #255272 by accsports
Replied by accsports on topic Adding a field to cbsub subscription plan
thanks for the response nforse.

Not sure if this will work for the following reason. A parent can enroll multiple children for the season. We are already limited by the fact you cannot select multiple instances of a subscription so it is one registration at a time for each child. So with every subscription purchase there is a different child name to go with it.

As a work around I have already created the fields (a total of 5x2 for now which include a child name and the program they are to enroll in). So after a parent subscribes to a program they must enter the child name and the program they are to participate in. This is very inefficient as parents must first register and purchase a subscription and then enter a child name afterwards.

My thinking is a simple shopping cart may be a better solution as a parent can order all the subscriptions they want AND enter the child's name all at once.

Am I correct? I was really hoping CBSubs was more flexible in this regard.

9 years 4 months ago #255275 by nant

accsports wrote: Hello,

I would like to know how I can add a client filled field when someone subscribes to a new subscription plan. We must collect a name (other than the registrant's) when someone subscribes. This field will be a child's name the parents will fill in when subscribing them. There will be one participant name per subscription sold.

How can I go about this?

Thanks.

Sorry we missed this post...

There is no workflow to collect new info during a plan subscription.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn