[SOLVED] I am really stumped - Please help

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #254294 by dharrison
Hi

I am really having a problem setting up the membership profiles for my site:

First of all is the free version of Community Builder compatible with CB Subs?

Also both our membership options are free of cost. Therefore do I still need to setup a payment gateway?

Lastly the avatar option must be included on one profile and hidden on the other. I have racked my brains trying to do this, and so far no success.

I am going through the guide but it is a very long and complicated document. Please could you advise?

Many thanks in advance.

Joomla version 3.3.6
CB Version 2.0.3
CB Subs 4.0.0-rc1

Currently run on xampp host

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254301 by nant
Replied by nant on topic I am really stumped - Please help

dharrison wrote:
First of all is the free version of Community Builder compatible with CB Subs?

There is only one version of CB - the free one.

CBSubs 3.0 works with CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 4.0 rc1 (+ nightly releases) works with CB 2.0+

Also both our membership options are free of cost. Therefore do I still need to setup a payment gateway?

No payments needed ==> No Gateways needed

Lastly the avatar option must be included on one profile and hidden on the other. I have racked my brains trying to do this, and so far no success.

Check your CBSubs documentation. You should be able to do this with the FieldsTab Protection plugin included in CBSubs - there is a special chapter in the documentation discussing this plugin.

I am going through the guide but it is a very long and complicated document. Please could you advise?

Many thanks in advance.

Joomla version 3.3.6
CB Version 2.0.3
CB Subs 4.0.0-rc1

Currently run on xampp host

6.14 Installing the CBSubsTM GPL Fields-Tabs Protect Integration Plugin ......... 75
10 Working with the CBSubsTM Fields Integration Plugin ....................................... 497

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254416 by dharrison
Replied by dharrison on topic I am really stumped - Please help
Thank you Nick for your help. The manual is very informative and going through it step by step really helped.

The only issue I have now is with the age field. I need it removed from the basic profile, but without it, I cannot register a basic account.

When I was initially struggling to use the software, I foolishly added sample data which duplicated some of the existing fields. I removed the duplicates, but wonder if that is why the cb_age field is being unpredictable. Any help/advice is most welcome.

Also where can I remove the field being completed with "Please enter only digits"?

9 years 4 months ago #254427 by nant
Replied by nant on topic I am really stumped - Please help

dharrison wrote: Thank you Nick for your help. The manual is very informative and going through it step by step really helped.

The only issue I have now is with the age field. I need it removed from the basic profile, but without it, I cannot register a basic account.

When I was initially struggling to use the software, I foolishly added sample data which duplicated some of the existing fields. I removed the duplicates, but wonder if that is why the cb_age field is being unpredictable. Any help/advice is most welcome.

Also where can I remove the field being completed with "Please enter only digits"?

Is the cb_age field a date field or an integer field?

You can select which fields are displayed/hidden based on plan selected on the registration form. See the plan workflow tab and also study the relevant manual chapter.

9 years 4 months ago #254432 by dharrison
Its an integer field, but when I try to hide it off the registration form for basic membership, nothing happens. (eg registration isn't accepted)

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254464 by dharrison
Ok, I have set it as a text field which does seem to work. The only thing is age does get mentioned on the basic profile, but thats a minor glitch.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn