Trying to Understand and confused

8 years 11 months ago #264739 by Abuaarah
Trying to Understand and confused was created by Abuaarah
Hello, I am really sorry about asking some basic question which I find difficult..! This is what I would like to accomplish!

1. I would like to set number of access levels for site users, such as Free, paid x amount, paid y amount, paid z amount, etc. (I was able to do that through CB Paid Subscriptions)

2. My problem is how to control free users to stop accessing rest of the users profile section but have access only for lists

3. How to control the number of access within a given subscription period..?

Thank you in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #265238 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Trying to Understand and confused

Abuaarah wrote: Hello, I am really sorry about asking some basic question which I find difficult..! This is what I would like to accomplish!

Will try to address as best as possible.

If you have not already done so please download the CBSubs documentation.

Also when posting always provide version numbers of your Joomla/CB/CBSubs/etc installs.

1. I would like to set number of access levels for site users, such as Free, paid x amount, paid y amount, paid z amount, etc. (I was able to do that through CB Paid Subscriptions)

Yup you can just create CBSubs plans.

2. My problem is how to control free users to stop accessing rest of the users profile section but have access only for lists

If I understand correctly (you want people to be able to access other user profiles only if they have a specific subscription) you can do this using Joomla ACL/groups.

CB lets you specify the ACL level required to view other user profile.
Look in CB Configuration -> User Profile tab for relevant setting.

You can set this level to something greater than the default registered - for example something like VIEW-OTHER-PROFILES.

Then just use the CBSubs plan -> Access tab -> Change user group parameter to add the plan subscriber to the joomla group that is also referenced in the VIEW-OTHER-PROFILES ACL group.

If the above is nit clear you should first look at Joomla documentation to understand how the ACL/groups concept is defined.

3. How to control the number of access within a given subscription period..?

Thank you in advance

No such feature exists - there is no built-in method in Joomla to count the number of times a user accesses something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abuaarah

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn