how to populate a user group with non-subscribers?

8 years 9 months ago #268153 by DavidStrayhorn
Hello all,

When a user subscribes to a plan, I assign them to the user group "CB Subscribers." I know how to do this by editing the subscription plan under the access tab. What I do not know how to do (or know if it's possible) is to manage another user group called "Not CB Subscribers." Basically, I want every registered user to be in one or the other group at any given time. That way when they navigate to a page, they either see one module (for subscribers) or another module (for nonsubscribers). Can this be done?

(If not, my plan will be to write a pgp script to read whether a user is in the CB Subscriber group and use that to assign or remove them from the Non CB Sub group.)

Joomla 3.4.3
CB 2.0.10
CSubs 4.0.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #268180 by nant

DavidStrayhorn wrote: Hello all,

When a user subscribes to a plan, I assign them to the user group "CB Subscribers." I know how to do this by editing the subscription plan under the access tab. What I do not know how to do (or know if it's possible) is to manage another user group called "Not CB Subscribers." Basically, I want every registered user to be in one or the other group at any given time. That way when they navigate to a page, they either see one module (for subscribers) or another module (for nonsubscribers). Can this be done?

(If not, my plan will be to write a pgp script to read whether a user is in the CB Subscriber group and use that to assign or remove them from the Non CB Sub group.)

Joomla 3.4.3
CB 2.0.10
CSubs 4.0.0

You can certainly do this manually from CB User Manager if you are latest CB 2.0.10 and CBSubs 4.0.1.

Just use the Search button to filter by the plan you want and then the Batch Tools to assign extra group to filtered users.

8 years 9 months ago #268256 by DavidStrayhorn
Replied by DavidStrayhorn on topic how to populate a user group with non-subscribers?

nant wrote:

DavidStrayhorn wrote: Hello all,

Joomla 3.4.3
CB 2.0.10
CSubs 4.0.0

You can certainly do this manually from CB User Manager if you are latest CB 2.0.10 and CBSubs 4.0.1.

Just use the Search button to filter by the plan you want and then the Batch Tools to assign extra group to filtered users.

Yes but I would like this to happen automatically. When a non-subscriber goes to Page X, I want them to see Module 1 but not 2; when they subscribe and go to Page X, I want them to see Module 2 but not 1. The admin should not have to make this change manually.

8 years 9 months ago #268569 by DavidStrayhorn
Replied by DavidStrayhorn on topic how to populate a user group with non-subscribers?
Shall I assume this cannot be done? I would think it would be simple enough.

I am looking into the Advanced Module Manager extension which may allow me to do what I need as far as modules are concerned - but it would add flexibilty to CBSubs if the act of subscribing could automatically exclude a user from one or more groups, not just include.

8 years 9 months ago #268574 by nant

DavidStrayhorn wrote: Shall I assume this cannot be done? I would think it would be simple enough.

I am looking into the Advanced Module Manager extension which may allow me to do what I need as far as modules are concerned - but it would add flexibilty to CBSubs if the act of subscribing could automatically exclude a user from one or more groups, not just include.

You should be able to setup CBSubs so it places subscribers in a specific joomla user group.

Than you can create 2 joomla ACL views - one that has the extra user group and one that only has registered user group.

Then just publish your modules appropriately.

8 years 9 months ago #268576 by nant

DavidStrayhorn wrote: but it would add flexibilty to CBSubs if the act of subscribing could automatically exclude a user from one or more groups, not just include.

If my previous reply does not help you with your use case, you can use CB Auto Actions to do exactly what you want and remove user from a joomla group if subscription fires.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn