Special Fields for Sponsors

8 years 8 months ago #268867 by ernienet
Special Fields for Sponsors was created by ernienet
I'm working on setting up my web sites so that sponsors can upload an image (Image field type in CB) and write their business description (Text Area field type in CB).

I installed CB Conditionals thinking that might work, but I can't find any way to make it work with CB Subs.

I see that I can hide fields for different sponsor levels, but I can't see how I might SHOW fields for them.

I tried an experiment - creating a free level, setting it to default, and setting the two fields to "hidden" for that level. It works, but it seems like a clunky approach.

Did I answer my own question, or is there a more elegant way to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #268879 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Special Fields for Sponsors

ernienet wrote: I'm working on setting up my web sites so that sponsors can upload an image (Image field type in CB) and write their business description (Text Area field type in CB).

I installed CB Conditionals thinking that might work, but I can't find any way to make it work with CB Subs.

I see that I can hide fields for different sponsor levels, but I can't see how I might SHOW fields for them.

I tried an experiment - creating a free level, setting it to default, and setting the two fields to "hidden" for that level. It works, but it seems like a clunky approach.

Did I answer my own question, or is there a more elegant way to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Ernie

With CBSubs you can use the fields/tabs protection plugin to do this.
The CBSubs documentation has such examples - please study and post back if you have questions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn