[SOLVED] #5488 - CBSubs Language File Not Working - am i using the right method? SOLVED

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269583 by cjmicro
I downloaded and installed the file "cbplug_lang_cbsubs_en-GB-4.0.0.zip" from
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cbsubs-en/files.

I have edited some of the strings but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I using the right file?

Also I see this note:
/**
* WARNING:
* Do not make changes to this file as it will be over-written when you upgrade CBSubs.
* To localize you need to create your own CBSubs language plugin and make changes there.
*/

But I'm not sure how to do this. I see the FAQ
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

but how do i do this for CB Subs?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269597 by nant
Yes - kust make changes you need - ignore the comment (will fix in next release of language plugin).

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269605 by cjmicro
Thank you Nant, for the reply. i did make changes to that file and they are not showing on the website.

For example one of the strings is

'SUBSCRIPTION_787ad0' => 'Subscription Type',
(instead of Subscription)

I changed it from Subscription to Subscription Type, but the change did not take effect on the site. I have also tried other changes and none shows up.

My cbsubs language plugin is published. it is in the folder components/comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptions-en-gb

it is definitely saving my updates, but they do not show on the site. Please advise.

I am not sure how i can show you this, but here is a page where it might show. (removed url)

8 years 8 months ago #269643 by nant

cjmicro wrote: Thank you Nant, for the reply. i did make changes to that file and they are not showing on the website.

For example one of the strings is

'SUBSCRIPTION_787ad0' => 'Subscription Type',
(instead of Subscription)

I changed it from Subscription to Subscription Type, but the change did not take effect on the site. I have also tried other changes and none shows up.

My cbsubs language plugin is published. it is in the folder components/comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptions-en-gb

it is definitely saving my updates, but they do not show on the site. Please advise.

I am not sure how i can show you this, but here is a page where it might show.
www.foxhuntinglife.com/newsite/profile-sp-123218918/pluginclass?plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=accessdenied&accesstype=categories&accessvalue=41&accessurl=

Was able to verify that something is wrong.

Opened an urgent tracker #5488 for investigation.

8 years 8 months ago #269654 by cjmicro
Thanks!

I thought the stings looked odd

'SUBSCRIPTION_787ad0' a lot of them have #s in them.

I did try this on 2 diff servers/installations and same issue. Hope it is resolved soon, thanks again, Cheryl

8 years 8 months ago #269857 by cjmicro
Nant, can you show me where I can track the progress of this bug? It's causing delay for us to unveil our new programs.

I need to be able to edit the language strings, so please advise if it's done or where I can track it. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn