[SOLVED] Impact of PayPal certificate changes to IPN and to CBSubs?

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #270702 by startup
Hi team,

I have a question re the CBSubs compatibility with the forthcoming IPN (Instant Payment Notification) changes by PayPal. Having used both CBSubs and PayPal for many years, I received the following message from PayPal

I'd like to ask if CBSubs will continue to just work fine or if I need to make any changes to my configuration of CBSubs so that it copes with the new PayPal system?

Thank you very much!

PS The message from PayPal is below:

PayPal service upgrades.

As we have previously communicated to you, PayPal is upgrading the certificate for www.paypal.com to SHA-256. This endpoint is also used by merchants using the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) product.

This upgrade is scheduled for 9/30/2015; however, we may need to change this date on short notice to you to align to the industry security standard.

You’re receiving this notification because you’ve been identified as a merchant who has used IPN endpoints within the past year. If you have not made the necessary changes, we urge you to do so right away to avoid a disruption of your service!

Full technical details can be found in our <www.paypal-knowledge.com/resources/sites/PAYPAL/content/live/FAQ/1000/FAQ1766/en_US/2015%20Merchant%20Security%20System%20Upgrade%20Guide%20%28U.S.%20English%29.pdf ​>Merchant Security System Upgrade Guide. In addition, our <www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1766&expand=true&locale=en_US>2015-2016 SSL Certificate Change microsite contains a schedule of our service upgrade plan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270713 by Satchi
Hi Startup,

There have been a couple other threads about this topic. (quick search on: paypal)

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/231113-solved-cbsubs-will-it-be-affected-by-upcoming-paypal-changes#270519

Hope that helps,

Satchi
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 7 months ago #270735 by nant

Satchi wrote: Hi Startup,

There have been a couple other threads about this topic. (quick search on: paypal)

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/231113-solved-cbsubs-will-it-be-affected-by-upcoming-paypal-changes#270519

Hope that helps,

Satchi

Yup - thanks for helping here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satchi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.931 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn