[SOLVED] All fields showing in user's profile, even ones not part of that plan

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274352 by marse7
In trying to edit a user's profile, upon save, ALL fields are showing and those required won't allow the update unless the fields are filled in.

For example, an Active Member in this org has to upload three files or include three links of their work to qualify for membership. The Conditional Member doesn't but they must submit (upload) an essay. The Student Member must include their school but no uploads.

None of the requirements should cross. The Active Member should only have to submit or have what the Active Membership requires. But when I go to edit an Active Member in the backend, ALL fields are shown, even those that don't pertain to that membership and because they are required, I can't save without filling those fields in.

How do I address this so that when editing a member I can save the membership without having to worry about the other memberships' requirement.

Thank you,
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274378 by nant

marse7 wrote: In trying to edit a user's profile, upon save, ALL fields are showing and those required won't allow the update unless the fields are filled in.

For example, an Active Member in this org has to upload three files or include three links of their work to qualify for membership. The Conditional Member doesn't but they must submit (upload) an essay. The Student Member must include their school but no uploads.

None of the requirements should cross. The Active Member should only have to submit or have what the Active Membership requires. But when I go to edit an Active Member in the backend, ALL fields are shown, even those that don't pertain to that membership and because they are required, I can't save without filling those fields in.

How do I address this so that when editing a member I can save the membership without having to worry about the other memberships' requirement.

Thank you,
Mark

You are most likely editing from backend area.

You can turn this off from your CB -> COnfiguration -> User Profile tab Fields Validation in User Management parameter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

8 years 5 months ago #274390 by marse7
Perfect! And thank you very much. The more I work with Cb Subs and the people behind it the more I truly appreciate it.

Keep up the amazing work.

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 5 months ago #274391 by nant

marse7 wrote: Perfect! And thank you very much. The more I work with Cb Subs and the people behind it the more I truly appreciate it.

Keep up the amazing work.

Mark

Great!

Thanks for appreciation - yes, CB and its add-ons are very flexible.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn