[SOLVED] Count users in subscriptions with groups

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #274651 by PresidenteMensaMexico
[SOLVED] Count users in subscriptions with groups was created by PresidenteMensaMexico
Hi
I can see the number of active subscriptions but since my plans layout includes parents and child plans some users have several subscriptions. What would you recommend me do to be able to count users inside several plans?

For example, There are 3 Main plans in my webpage, PlanA, PlanB and PlanC. Inside PlanC there are 3 child plans Plan1, Plan2 and Plan3.

I need to know how many unique active subscriptions are in PlanC and all of its child plans.

I figured I can easily just make a joomla group and have each child plan of PlanC add users to that group then see the sum of the group, since all users can only belong to a group once, there is no repeating users inside the group like there is in subscriptions. The problem is this configuration only changes for new users, all old users already inside a subscription are not assigned the group. How can I assign the group to all old users?

Do you know of a better way of doing this?

Dealing with joomla user groups is convenient since then I can send specific mails from acymailing to specific groups. I can also filter groups to work with other extensions.

Thanks for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274685 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Count users in subscriptions with groups
[quote="PresidenteMensaMexico" post=274651

I need to know how many unique active subscriptions are in PlanC and all of its child plans.

[/quote]

Did you check your CBSubs Plans icon area?

There is a column to the right labeled Subscribers that keeps a count.

8 years 5 months ago #274734 by PresidenteMensaMexico
Replied by PresidenteMensaMexico on topic Count users in subscriptions with groups
I saw that, its just the number didn't make any sense.
It shows 597 subscribers to one of my plans but when I search for subscriptions who expire later than today I only get 186. Meaning a bunch of those subscriptions are expired. So I guessed the number was for total subscriptions in the history of the site even expired ones and I'm searching for active ones.

If this is wrong I'm guessing some of the subscriptions haven't expired as they should. I looked up the problem and found that depending on configuration you could set CBsubs to expire them whenever you visit the backend or with a cronjob. I had originally setup when visiting the backend but the situation hasn't changed, I tried changing it to both two days ago and I still get the same numbers.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274737 by PresidenteMensaMexico
Replied by PresidenteMensaMexico on topic Count users in subscriptions with groups
Nope sorry
Users expired are expired as expected. Its just the count I'm getting is as I see it for both expired and active. It was just that. No problem here, I can easily search for all active subscriptions and there I get the number I need for active subscriptions.
Now the real reason why I'm guessing I need the joomla groups is because I need to find expired members but expired subscriptions are in many cases of members that renewed their subscription. So in order to find out which member has an expired subscription that did not renew I thought I could easily use a parent plant, so if members are only subscribed to that plan then they did not renew their plan, if they also have another plan then they have renewed their subscription.

The group option is the same, have all approved members be part of members but only paid subscription gets them into group active member. I also need to differentiate between approved and aspiring members.

What other way would you suggest?

Thanks

8 years 5 months ago #274770 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Count users in subscriptions with groups

PresidenteMensaMexico wrote: Nope sorry
Users expired are expired as expected. Its just the count I'm getting is as I see it for both expired and active. It was just that. No problem here, I can easily search for all active subscriptions and there I get the number I need for active subscriptions.
Now the real reason why I'm guessing I need the joomla groups is because I need to find expired members but expired subscriptions are in many cases of members that renewed their subscription. So in order to find out which member has an expired subscription that did not renew I thought I could easily use a parent plant, so if members are only subscribed to that plan then they did not renew their plan, if they also have another plan then they have renewed their subscription.

The group option is the same, have all approved members be part of members but only paid subscription gets them into group active member. I also need to differentiate between approved and aspiring members.

What other way would you suggest?

Thanks

ok - guess you are right - that number displays past and current subscribers.

You can try the CBSubs -> Subscriptions icon area and do searches on individual plans.

8 years 4 months ago #275802 by PresidenteMensaMexico
Yes, thats exactly what I do, but I have 4 different plans that I wanted to add up to have the total number and was looking for a simpler way.

A stats plugin would be great. To know how many users are currently active in all plans, users expiring soon and the like.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn