How to handle the same subscription plan with different expiration times?

8 years 5 months ago #274652 by PresidenteMensaMexico
Hello
I have 3 different plans in my site, but all of them offer the exact same thing, access to the site. The differences is how much does it cost to pay for 1 year, 3 years and 5 years. They cost differently because of discounts hoping people would subscribe for 5 years if its cheaper by year.

I've been trying to configure one 5 year plan for say $100 and then configure a promotion if they purchase less years say 1 or 3 but I can't find a way to make a plan flexible enough for this.

Having 3 different plans with 3 different prices works except when people want to renew. In theory people should be able to add 1, 3 or 5 years to their membership, and ideally the system would just add the time they purchased but in reality they can't do this. If they change from a 1 year plan to a 5 year plan they get the time left in their subscription pro rated to a discount on the 5 year plan instead of just adding 5 years to their plans. I see this happens because they are different plans but is there a way to do this with just one plan and several promotion configurations?

What solution would you recommend?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #274686 by nant

PresidenteMensaMexico wrote: Hello
I have 3 different plans in my site, but all of them offer the exact same thing, access to the site. The differences is how much does it cost to pay for 1 year, 3 years and 5 years. They cost differently because of discounts hoping people would subscribe for 5 years if its cheaper by year.

I've been trying to configure one 5 year plan for say $100 and then configure a promotion if they purchase less years say 1 or 3 but I can't find a way to make a plan flexible enough for this.

Having 3 different plans with 3 different prices works except when people want to renew. In theory people should be able to add 1, 3 or 5 years to their membership, and ideally the system would just add the time they purchased but in reality they can't do this. If they change from a 1 year plan to a 5 year plan they get the time left in their subscription pro rated to a discount on the 5 year plan instead of just adding 5 years to their plans. I see this happens because they are different plans but is there a way to do this with just one plan and several promotion configurations?

What solution would you recommend?

This is typically handled with three separate plans.
There is no such feature to do what you are asking with just one plan.

8 years 4 months ago #274735 by PresidenteMensaMexico
Ok thanks
Then I'm on the right path.

8 years 4 months ago #274768 by nant

PresidenteMensaMexico wrote: Ok thanks
Then I'm on the right path.

Yup!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds