How to customize the email created from the subscription import function.

8 years 5 months ago #274666 by jhurlbur
I need to understand if it is possible to customize the email that is sent out as part of the Import Subscribers function. It sends out and email with the subject "New User Details". I would like to be able to change the content to explain to my members why they are getting it as well as to remove the password as I don't think the user id and password should go out in the same email.

Please advise.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274694 by nant

jhurlbur wrote: I need to understand if it is possible to customize the email that is sent out as part of the Import Subscribers function. It sends out and email with the subject "New User Details". I would like to be able to change the content to explain to my members why they are getting it as well as to remove the password as I don't think the user id and password should go out in the same email.

Please advise.

Thanks

New User Details?

Perhaps you are referring to a CB Juice import and not a Import Subscribers function?

8 years 5 months ago #274715 by jhurlbur
When I connect a user to a subscription via the "CB Paid Subscriptions: New Import Subscriptions" panel on the admin site it sends the user a "New User Details" email. The documentation says it is the same email as when then join normally but what I have found is that the content is different. I doesn't match the Welcome Email Body text from the Community Builder Registration Tab or the Email on First Activation from the Paid Subscription Plan area.

The text says Hello [MEMBER NAME],

You have been added as a User to [SITE NAME] by an Administrator [ my role ].

This email contains you username and password to log in to [SITE URL]

Username: User
Password:

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

I would like to be able to change the email body and remove the password as it is not secure.

Does that help ?

8 years 5 months ago #274759 by nant

jhurlbur wrote: When I connect a user to a subscription via the "CB Paid Subscriptions: New Import Subscriptions" panel on the admin site it sends the user a "New User Details" email. The documentation says it is the same email as when then join normally but what I have found is that the content is different. I doesn't match the Welcome Email Body text from the Community Builder Registration Tab or the Email on First Activation from the Paid Subscription Plan area.

The text says Hello [MEMBER NAME],

You have been added as a User to [SITE NAME] by an Administrator [ my role ].

This email contains you username and password to log in to [SITE URL]

Username: User
Password:

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

I would like to be able to change the email body and remove the password as it is not secure.

Does that help ?

Hmm that email is sent most likely from Joomla, but it should only go out for newsly created users and CBSubs importing a subscription should not have anything to do with this.

Please see these articles:
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/community-builder/getting-started

8 years 5 months ago #274859 by jhurlbur
Nant, changing the parameter on the plugin changed the body text to be that contained in the Plan area within CBSUBS. Thanks.

Is there a way to turn off the email from the import process ?

Thank you for the help.

8 years 5 months ago #274928 by nant

jhurlbur wrote: Nant, changing the parameter on the plugin changed the body text to be that contained in the Plan area within CBSUBS. Thanks.

Is there a way to turn off the email from the import process ?

Thank you for the help.

Which import process?

Sorry, I am still fuzzy on issue as the email you first quoted is not CBSubs related but is joomla new user related.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn