[SOLVED] send email to member when credit card expires with ARB?

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #281628 by ThePiston
Is it possible for CBsubs to send an email to a subscriber when the credit card they are using for ARB at authorize.net expires? What should we do when this happens? Update the card in authorize.net or do something in CBsubs?

Thanks

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281989 by beat

ThePiston wrote: Is it possible for CBsubs to send an email to a subscriber when the credit card they are using for ARB at authorize.net expires? What should we do when this happens? Update the card in authorize.net or do something in CBsubs?

Thanks

When the subscription doesn't auto-renew, it expires, and the user gets the CBSubs plan subscription expiration email (if configured in the plan). He can then make a renewal with new credit-card information.

There is no notification from authorize.net about the expiration date of a credit-card to my knowledge.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 11 months ago #282005 by ThePiston
that's unfortunate. My clients think it is odd that the system does not notify users of an expired CC in an ARB. For now we are calling the user and updating the ARB manually. I was hoping there was something in the authorize API that would allow CBsubs to email the user and update the CC within CBsubs. I know this is more complex than it should be, but this is how users are expecting such a system to work. Thanks

7 years 11 months ago #282200 by beat
Understand, but unfortunately we can't improve authorize.net's own ARB API.

But I think we have maxed out what is possible:

In Authorize.net gateway, CBSubs already even takes into account the credit-card's expiration date in computing the number of re-occuring auto-renewals that it can make with the credit-card's expiration date. Then when the number of auto-renewals are done (or customer's card becomes invalid before that), the subscription expires, and the subscription expired mail of the plan is sent. Then the user can re-initiate a new payment subscription with the new credit-card details.

So the process is quite easy and clear. Maybe by improving the subscription expired mail, your can direct the user on how to re-initiate a new payment subscription.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 11 months ago #282204 by ThePiston
I think users expect an email prior to the expiration so that they can maintain a subscription. Right now I'm using acymailing to do this so maybe I can send an email to just these types of users X days before they expire. Can a user "extend" the ARB by using a new card or must they sign up for a new subscription?

7 years 10 months ago #282420 by beat

ThePiston wrote: I think users expect an email prior to the expiration so that they can maintain a subscription. Right now I'm using acymailing to do this so maybe I can send an email to just these types of users X days before they expire. Can a user "extend" the ARB by using a new card or must they sign up for a new subscription?

Right now, they need a new subscription, as existing subscriptions are limited by expiration date of the card, and that there is no authorize.net AIM interface implemented to update the card in CBSubs authorize.net gateway, which would require new perpetual payment subscriptions anyway.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn