[SOLVED] send email to member when credit card expires with ARB?

7 years 10 months ago #283113 by krileon
It's the expiration date of the subscription as CBSubs sees it. That's basically as good as it's going to get from CBSubs perspective.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283120 by ThePiston
maybe I don't understand how CBsubs works with ARB actually. Can an ARB have an expiration date farther out than 1 year if the subscription is for only 1 year? I thought the expiration date moved every year as the ARB was automatically paid but the expiration date of the credit card dictated how many of these would occur. So, that means the expiration date in CBsubs may be moved out another year if there's still time on the ARB.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

7 years 10 months ago #283174 by krileon
When a renewal payment is received CBSubs will extend their current subscription by the duration of the plan. If a renewal is not received it'll expire on their expiration date. If the gateway uses scheduled API in CBSubs instead if IPNs and CBSubs fails to make a payment it won't renew and will expire on their expiration date otherwise the renewal will extend it by the duration of the plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #283186 by ThePiston
ok, so in that case there is no way to know when the ARB will truly expire and thus email the user beforehand as I'd like. It sounds like the only way to handle this is to simply let the user expire. Thanks

7 years 10 months ago #283188 by beat
There is one last possibility I just thought of (with Authorize.net): The only place where the credit-card expiration date (without credit-card number of course) might be stored is in the corresponding payment subscription notification at the first payment. By exploring that table in PhpMyAdmin you might be able to find it. But there you are on your own to find a corresponding SQL query, as the information is probably inside a logging field, without guarantee that the format stays the same in future versions.

However this will never cover the case where the card's credit doesn't allow a payment, or the card is cancelled before expiration.

Authorize.net AIM is our only gateway where that card expiration date information may be available in the history logs. We replace the card number by XXXX's in all logs as required by PCI-DSS standards. Just as a reminder (I'm sure Authorize.net already required that: With Authorize.net AIM method, your server must be PCI-DSS certified.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 10 months ago #283190 by ThePiston
as a request, could you somehow set the credit card expiration date as a field in cbsubs? That way we could use it to auto-send an email explaining that the subscription with corresponding CC will end at which time a new subscription will need to be paid for. Or, we, as a company, may wish that they call us so we can manually replace expiring CC with a new card in the ARB so that the current subscription will continue without interruption.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn