[SOLVED] send email to member when credit card expires with ARB?

7 years 10 months ago #282421 by ThePiston
ok, thanks - so the protocol for expiring ARB is to let them expire and allow the user to get a new subscription - no option to renew inside CBsubs.

Another question: can an Admin extend the subscription by entering in a new CC and exp date into Authorize.net and then also manually extend the expiration date in CBsubs?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282422 by beat

ThePiston wrote: ok, thanks - so the protocol for expiring ARB is to let them expire and allow the user to get a new subscription - no option to renew inside CBsubs.

Another question: can an Admin extend the subscription by entering in a new CC and exp date into Authorize.net and then also manually extend the expiration date in CBsubs?

If authorize.net backend allows you to do that, I don't see why you couldn't do that.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 10 months ago #282426 by ThePiston
It's a shame that authorize does not have API to allow CBsubs to simply email user before CC expires and update the card to renew the subscription. Seems like almost every other website I use that requires automated payments will do this. A feature request for the future I guess. Thanks.

7 years 10 months ago #283000 by ThePiston
one more question on this topic: is there any field I can use with Acymailing's query plugin that would allow me to send an email when the ARB (not subscription) is about to expire? I can't use the subscription's expiration date because the ARB may auto-renew and the date changes. I need to send an email to ARB users before they expire to explain to them that they need a new subscription and they cannot renew. We are phasing out ARB. Thanks

7 years 10 months ago #283016 by krileon
No idea about AcyMailing, but CBSubs Mailer certainly can by conditioning against the expiration date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #283028 by ThePiston
but isn't the true expiration date of an ARB subscription a moving target? I thought the expiration date changed every year until the card expires which means the expiration date in cbsubs is not the real expiration date of the ARB itself.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn