2.0 beta basic questions

10 years 4 months ago #238676 by ukphotoguy
2.0 beta basic questions was created by ukphotoguy
2.0.0.beta 1 Joomla 3.2.1 php 5.5.34 nginx 1.4.4

Like progress to date, all working and integrates well with HWDMediaShare so uploading videos and formatting them to all the different standards is working great.
I have been able to set up my group, basic registration and a bunch of extra tags and information into the profile, the connection feature is great and works well, so feeling I made the right selection.

Suffering from lack of basic documentation. So asking trivial questions here.
[1] Is there some documentation I cannot find? Or even a demo site that shows what others have done.
[2] Users are able to create blogs, but how can they edit what has been written?
[3] Love to know the secret to being able to add an article, probably have to enable something but what?
regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238679 by ukphotoguy
Replied by ukphotoguy on topic 2.0 beta basic questions
OK figured out item [2] The bootstrap template makes a white icon on white background with my template background so I missed it.
Now figured out [3] from reading the code, articles are joomla/K2 articles belonging to the user. So obvious follow on question is how to restrict categories to CB users/groups of CB user.
Should I be reading the old documentation?

10 years 4 months ago #238690 by nant
Replied by nant on topic 2.0 beta basic questions

ukphotoguy wrote: 2.0.0.beta 1 Joomla 3.2.1 php 5.5.34 nginx 1.4.4

Like progress to date, all working and integrates well with HWDMediaShare so uploading videos and formatting them to all the different standards is working great.
I have been able to set up my group, basic registration and a bunch of extra tags and information into the profile, the connection feature is great and works well, so feeling I made the right selection.

Thanks for feedback!

Suffering from lack of basic documentation. So asking trivial questions here.
[1] Is there some documentation I cannot find? Or even a demo site that shows what others have done.

We are redoing our documentation at the moment - hopefully things will be ready when CB 2.0 goes stable.

In the meantime you can and should use the CB documentation you can download from the Advanced download area (that you also have access to).

[2] Users are able to create blogs, but how can they edit what has been written?

If blog writter goes to his blog tab on his profile he should be able to select the gear icon to reveal an edit link.

[3] Love to know the secret to being able to add an article, probably have to enable something but what?
regards

Articles are handled by Joomla - the articles tab just integrates with the joomla functionality.

In other words you need to configure a Joomla menu and appropriate Joomla ACL privileges to allow people to submit Joomla articles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn