Password in Thank You emails?

9 years 8 months ago #247710 by MacPhotoBiker
Password in Thank You emails? was created by MacPhotoBiker
Hi,

is it possible to send the users password in thank you emails?

I tried [password], but it's not being populated with the password, while [username] is being populated with the user name. I checked in the field list, and the field is called "password", so I think I spelled it correctly.

I'm aware of the security implications, but my customer prefers to have both username and password being sent in the thank you emails.

Merci!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247713 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Password in Thank You emails?

MacPhotoBiker wrote: Hi,

is it possible to send the users password in thank you emails?

I tried [password], but it's not being populated with the password, while [username] is being populated with the user name. I checked in the field list, and the field is called "password", so I think I spelled it correctly.

I'm aware of the security implications, but my customer prefers to have both username and password being sent in the thank you emails.

Merci!

Send the password that the user actually selected?

The password can only be sent just before it is hashed to database - after that there is no way to get cleartext password.

So the [DETAILS] and [PASSWORD] substitutions will only work on the confirmation email as far as rendering the cleartext password.

If your workflow does not contain a confirmation step and automatically approves each applicant, then you can use these substitutions in the welcome email body in the CB Configuration Registration tab parameters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn