[SOLVED] CB list issue - cannot update profile for single plan member

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274304 by EPICweb
Hello my friends!

Put this in the CB general area because I'm really not sure where it belongs.

Just upgraded my big site to J! 3 and CB 2.0/CBSubs 4. At first, it appeared that everything was fine, but I have run into a nasty problem or two that I cannot seem to find answers for in the forum.

There are three plans: author, industry, dual. Author is for authors, industry is for publishers, editors, etc. Dual is for individuals who are in both categories. We have lists for each group.

My first and thorniest issue is that when I try to update my profile in administrator, I cannot save without filling in the Industry tab. Since my subscription is Author, I shouldn't even have access to the industry tab.

Second, the registration page is wonky. The plans are listed. Clicking on the author plan will give you the fields we need to populate the author list and so on. The order of the fields isn't consistent between the three plans.

I'm sure I've overlooked or changed a setting somewhere, but I'm darned if I can find it.

I've taken the site off-line to prevent anyone trying to fill the registration form out until I've gotten it fixed.

Have you heard of such a thing before? Got any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274320 by nant

EPICweb wrote: Hello my friends!

Put this in the CB general area because I'm really not sure where it belongs.

Noticed and moved to Developer forum area.
Please always post in the paid support areas as we do not frequently monitor and reply to other free forum areas (sorry not enought time and manpower).

Just upgraded my big site to J! 3 and CB 2.0/CBSubs 4. At first, it appeared that everything was fine, but I have run into a nasty problem or two that I cannot seem to find answers for in the forum.

How exactly did you upgrade?
Please give process and steps.

As a check process please run CB Tools and see if everything is ok.

There are three plans: author, industry, dual. Author is for authors, industry is for publishers, editors, etc. Dual is for individuals who are in both categories. We have lists for each group.

My first and thorniest issue is that when I try to update my profile in administrator, I cannot save without filling in the Industry tab. Since my subscription is Author, I shouldn't even have access to the industry tab.

Backend views are always shown.
If you want to be able to edit profile in backend without worrying about mandatory fields then edit your CB -> Configuration -> User Profile tab -> Fields Validation in User Management and set it to No.

Please note that this has always been the case and was present in older versions also - guess you just did not pay attention / notice before.

Second, the registration page is wonky. The plans are listed. Clicking on the author plan will give you the fields we need to populate the author list and so on. The order of the fields isn't consistent between the three plans.

Not sure what this means.
Perhaps your Joomla template was/is not compatible with new Joomla environment?
Did you check this?

I'm sure I've overlooked or changed a setting somewhere, but I'm darned if I can find it.

I've taken the site off-line to prevent anyone trying to fill the registration form out until I've gotten it fixed.

Have you heard of such a thing before? Got any ideas?

As a matter of principle Joomla 2.5 templates are not automatically compatible with Joomla 3.X.
Not sure if this is your issue though.

8 years 5 months ago #274334 by EPICweb
Hi, Nick!

I upgraded following the procedure in your very excellent video tutorial. Had it running while I was upgrading and did each step with you. Did the check with Tools and fixed my databases.

I also made the change that you suggested in the configuration and it fixed the update in the backend problem. Thanks mucho!

I have always been able to edit profiles before (lots of my people can't seem to follow change password instructions). I didn't change that when I upgraded. Dunno if this is something that needs addressing in documentation.

Regarding registration form issue, I will collect some more info and post a new thread. This one is solved!

8 years 5 months ago #274361 by nant

EPICweb wrote: Hi, Nick!

I upgraded following the procedure in your very excellent video tutorial. Had it running while I was upgrading and did each step with you. Did the check with Tools and fixed my databases.

I also made the change that you suggested in the configuration and it fixed the update in the backend problem. Thanks mucho!

I have always been able to edit profiles before (lots of my people can't seem to follow change password instructions). I didn't change that when I upgraded. Dunno if this is something that needs addressing in documentation.

Regarding registration form issue, I will collect some more info and post a new thread. This one is solved!

Great!

Marking this as solved then!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn