Expiry Time Varies

8 years 4 months ago #274959 by cagoffice
Expiry Time Varies was created by cagoffice
Hello,

When I look under "Subscriptions", I can see that the expiry date is for the most part 23:59 however I have some that are 18:59. Is this because they are in the different time zone?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #274981 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Expiry Time Varies

cagoffice wrote: Hello,

When I look under "Subscriptions", I can see that the expiry date is for the most part 23:59 however I have some that are 18:59. Is this because they are in the different time zone?

Wondering why this is important.

To give an educated answer I would need to know if these time stamps are connected to similar plans. For example a calendar plan may explain the 23:59.

It might also help to know the activation time stamp also in both cases.

In short you need to provide more data for me to give proper answer.

8 years 4 months ago #274998 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Expiry Time Varies
It doesn't matter I guess but I wasn't sure if it was something wrong.

All plans are Calendar year so it makes sense that they should all be 23:59. But for some users, it shows 18:59. There's no pattern (i.e. activation time stamp, plan for the 18:59 users are all the same etc.). It just varies by person. I thought maybe it was time zone but there's no pattern there either. It seems totally random.

8 years 4 months ago #275000 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Expiry Time Varies
This could be due to older users having registered in older Joomla/CB/CBSubs versions where local time was set, while in latest CBSubs 4.x/CB 2.x/Joomla 3.x the times are stored as UTC times.

Some views in backend display UTC times, some display the UTC timestamps in local times, but in database now everything is considered as UTC. As CBSubs considers calendar days in local timezone, it will store the corresponding UTC time in the database.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 4 months ago #275001 by cagoffice
We had imported all of our users from an old Joomla into our new Joomla and I manually went into each user and saved their subscription (as we weren't using CBSubs before). So it wouldn't be that their expiry is coming from an old system. I set them all up in November.

8 years 4 months ago #275002 by cagoffice
Oh but maybe the time zone attached to that user was old. I see what you're saying. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with CBSubs at all.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds