Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Certain Language Keys do not work for CB Gallery 2.1.x

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299476 by erichburkhard
My Environment:
Latest CB / latest Joomla version / latest CB Gallery plugin (2.1.x)

In order to translate a certain (*) CB Gallery language string into German I have proceeded as follows:

First I have searched for the corresponding language key which I wanted to translate. I found the key (*) in the following file:

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/language/default_language/language.php
'YOU_CANNOT_CREATE_ANYMORE_TYPES' => 'You can not upload anymore [types]. You have reached your quota.', (*)
'YOU_CANNOT_CREATE_ANYMORE_TYPES' => 'You can not link anymore [types]. You have reached your quota.',

Question 1: There are 2 identical language keys in this file for different!!! translations. I think this is not correct....

...anyway...as a second step I added a German translation string ( for (*) ) into the following file:

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/de-de/override.php
'YOU_CANNOT_CREATE_ANYMORE_TYPES' => 'Sie können keine [types] mehr hochladen. Ihr Limit wurde erreicht.',

.....but this didn't work. When I tried to upload more than the allowed amount of photos always the English (Default) translation appeared

Question 2: May be the language ID is not the correct one? (PS: In order to be sure that there is no caching problem with 'old' files from older versions of cb gallery, I deleted ALL old files from older versions.....but it didn't have any effect)

regards
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
6 years 5 months ago #299493 by nant

erichburkhard wrote: My Environment:

First I have searched for the corresponding language key which I wanted to translate. I found the key (*) in the following file:

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/language/default_language/language.php
'YOU_CANNOT_CREATE_ANYMORE_TYPES' => 'You can not upload anymore [types]. You have reached your quota.', (*)
'YOU_CANNOT_CREATE_ANYMORE_TYPES' => 'You can not link anymore [types]. You have reached your quota.',

Question 1: There are 2 identical language keys in this file for different!!! translations. I think this is not correct....

This was a bug - fixes have been pushed - new release build is available for download and I have updated transifex
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon